• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
While I am in Sowal, it will be my wedding anniversary, so any suggestions other than Cafe Tango for intimate dining?
Been to Basmatis, and Cafe Tango and definitely will be going to both again, but to be honest, haven't eaten in too many other fine restaurants, since we are always working and grabbing a quick bite or throwing something on the grill.

Any other suggestions? otherwise I am just going to book Cafe Tango.
Love that Pecan Pie:love:

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Have you tried the Terrace? Not your typical 30A fine dining, but I think the food is great and the atmosphere is certainly cozy.

I'd do Cafe Thirty-A and ask for a table that's out of the way.

I also love Bud & Alley's, but you might get put next to a table full of screaming or "annoyingly cute" kids unless you ask for the main dining room. It has a more "special occasion" atmosphere, but just be sure that the female has a wrap to avoid freezing to death. I have shivered on countless occasions in that room, even in the summertime.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
Have you tried the Terrace? Not your typical 30A fine dining, but I think the food is great and the atmosphere is certainly cozy.

No, I have not tried the Terrace yet. What type of food fare?

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
I'd do Cafe Thirty-A and ask for a table that's out of the way.

I also love Bud & Alley's, but you might get put next to a table full of screaming or "annoyingly cute" kids unless you ask for the main dining room. It has a more "special occasion" atmosphere, but just be sure that the female has a wrap to avoid freezing to death. I have shivered on countless occasions in that room, even in the summertime.

Tried to get in Cafe 30A once, but it was really busy. We always go to Bud and Alleys just for lunch or appetizer tidbits and drinks. I know they have indoor dining too. I'll see if I can find a menu for Cafe 30A.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006

Thanks BR:love: saved me the trouble.

I just looked on Kurts dining page, and I may have a winner.
Always wanted to try Criolla's

Check this out:
Welcome to Criolla's website! Check out our new snapper dish, PLANTAIN CRUSTED GENUINE AMERICAN RED SNAPPER Pan roasted and served with Guiso de Maiz, a Cuban saut? of baby corn, ripe tomatoes, smoked pork sarchica and fresh herbs. Finished with rhum vanilla beurre blanc. It's a new favorite.

We've also added MANGO BLUE CRAB SALAD :love: make from jumbo lump crab, mangos and roma tomatoes in a Kaffir Lime Vinaigrette. It is very refreshing.