• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
:nono1:

I used to read posts here everyday. Today is the first day I have logged on since the Christmas holidays. Now I recall why I stayed away for so long.

The market is what it is. Just as it was what it was back in 2004. I find it hard to comprehend the high levels of narcissism here. For whatever reason, some people apparently enjoy our difficult, stressed economic conditions resulting from the current market. Those that seem to enjoy this are experts at writing with consistent, condescending tones. Additionally, they seem to derive satisfaction from their eminent forecasts of this markets demise. I for one struck out on predicting the demise of the southeastern coastal state insurance markets due to unprecedented hurricane damage in 04-05. I would be grinning right along with you if I did not know of so many friends, neighbors, and countless other unknown good people who's lives have been negatively impacted (due to the current real estate market).

It is obvious that most of you are great people who provide excellent information for us all to share and discuss. God bless those of you who are grinding away each day to market/sell properties and promote all of the wonder of SoWal. The market will turn in a positive direction in the foreseeable future in spite of the eager pessimism. This will also cause most of the junk to filter itself out here and maybe we can all become friends again.
Good post, and don't let the "axis of upheaval" get you too riled. It's all good fun to disagree, because we all know how fast the area is evolving. Mostly for the better...

Last edited:

STL Don

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005
I agree that Driving the View made a great post. And I don't think the bitterness that he/she points out "is all just in good fun" as suggested by others. The vitriol and personal attacks lately in the real estate forum are far different than the "good fun" that was had in the past with debating with Shelley

TheSheep

Beach Fanatic
Jan 30, 2007
Farms
tinyurl.com
I agree that Driving the View made a great post. And I don't think the bitterness that he/she points out "is all just in good fun" as suggested by others. The vitriol and personal attacks lately in the real estate forum are far different than the "good fun" that was had in the past with debating with Shelley
Gee whilikkers, I have only six letters to offer.
U-S-E-N-E-T.