• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

whatiscmr

Beach Lover
Jun 23, 2011
I found this and it explains very well and in detail. I am not the author, it's a copy and paste. I thought it was concise and thorough... so why reinvent the wheel? This will remove the yahoo toolbar.

Make sure you follow these directions exactly as they are explained.

You may loose some of your remembered/auto logins so make sure you know your user names and passwords.

Mandatory Disclaimer: Perform at your own risk. I/we accept/assume no responsibility/liability for exclusions, omissions, errors
(or for anything else regarding this thread, for that matter) or if you mess it up! :breakcomp:

If you don't feel confident in performing this...don't do it!

Sorry, I have to cover my :moon:.

FYI, I performed as stated below to confirm directions and everything worked out fine with the exception of having to redo my remembered passwords and usernames on my fav websites.

"Tap ALT key or press F10 to show the Menu Bar
-> go to Help Menu -> select "Restart with Add-ons Disabled"
Firefox will close then it will open up with just basic Firefox. Now do this:
-> Update ALL your Firefox Plug-ins https://www.mozilla.com/en-US/plugincheck/
-> go to View Menu -> Toolbars -> unselect All Unwanted toolbars
-> go Tools Menu -> Clear Recent History -> Time range to clear: select EVERYTHING -> click Details (small arrow) button -> place Checkmarks on Cookies & Cache -> click "Clear Now"
-> go to Tools Menu -> Options -> General -> When Firefox starts : select "Show My Home Page" -> Type the address of the website which you want to be your HomePage e.g. http:www.google.com -> place Checkmark on "Show the Downloads window when downloading a file" -> select Radio Button option2 "Always ask me where to save files"
-> go to Tools Menu -> Options -> Content -> place Checkmarks on:
1) Block Pop-up windows 2) Load images automatically 3) Enable JavaScript
-> go to Tools Menu -> Options -> Security -> place Checkmarks on:
1) Warn me when sites try to install add-ons 2) Block reported attack sites 3) Block reported web forgeries 4) Remember Passwords for sites
-> Click OK on Options window
-> click the Favicon (small drop down menu icon) on Firefox SearchBar (its position is on the Right side of the Address Bar) -> click "Manage Search Engines" -> select all Unwanted Search Engines and click Remove -> click OK
-> go to Tools Menu -> Add-ons -> Extensions section -> REMOVE All Unwanted/Suspicious Extensions (Add-ons) -> Restart Firefox
You can enable your Known & Trustworthy Add-ons later. Check and tell if its working. "

Happy surfing! :wave:

Last edited:

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
I downloaded Firefox, briefly, because I cannot see the beach video views which makes me sad. When I clicked on the 'Red Bar' view after downloading, there was the Red Bar. But then when I went back to it - no 'Red Bar'. Only the red x at the top where the video cam results should be. I have downloaded Java and reinstalled it numerous times. Oh well. I haven't tried yet what you have posted above. Thanks, Ellen

whatiscmr

Beach Lover
Jun 23, 2011
I hope it works for you! I got tired off all the errors and redirects from Yahoo. I wanted to share this because I thought there might be others with the same frustrations.

whatiscmr

Beach Lover
Jun 23, 2011
Another thought, you may need to click or right click on the image or a toolbar and choose to display image.
I looked at it and the video is up and running. There is contact info for mooncreek below the image if you still have problems with it.

Last edited: