Another terrible accident on 331

Discussion in 'All About SoWal' started by Lisa Ruby, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Lisa Ruby

Lisa Ruby Beach Fanatic

It was terrible to witness, arrived at the intersection of 331 and LaGrange Road this afternoon around 12:30 to find the road blocked for arrival of a life flight for one accident victim and at least two others taken away by ambulance. I don't know other details, but there appeared to be severe if not fatal injuries.

2. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

331 is scary.

3. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

Sounds like they need a turning lane at Lagrange Rd/331. That is the location of the last major accident and death in the area.

4. beachmouse

beachmouse Beach Fanatic

Blurb in the Daily Fishwrapper:

" For an unknown reason, troopers say Pate crossed the centerline into the northbound lane and str uck Santiago head-on.
    Both Pate and Santiago were taken to Sacred Heart Hospital in Pensacola, according to the release.
    Santiago was listed in critical condition and Pate was listed in serious condition Friday night, according to a hospital spokeswoman.
    Santiago?s passenger, 45-year-old Maria M. Santiago, was treated at Sacred Heart on the Emerald Coast for minor injuries, according to the release. "

5. ShallowsNole

ShallowsNole Beach Fanatic

331 & LaGrange is a dangerous, dangerous intersection. SJ is right - a turning lane is desperately needed there.

There have been three people I knew personally in two separate accidents killed there. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I narrowly missed killing myself and probably several others there once - and it would have been my fault. :sosad: Last weekend, hub and I noticed fresh skid marks there...and now another one?

6. steele mama

steele mama Beach Fanatic

And my babies are on that road every day. Please, WalCo, do something.