• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lisa Ruby

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
SoWal
www.rosemarybeachsales.com
It was terrible to witness, arrived at the intersection of 331 and LaGrange Road this afternoon around 12:30 to find the road blocked for arrival of a life flight for one accident victim and at least two others taken away by ambulance. I don't know other details, but there appeared to be severe if not fatal injuries.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
331 is scary.

U.S. Highway 331 at La Grange Road has been reopened approximately 30 minutes after a two cars collided at approximately 12:30 p.m.

The highway was closed to allow AirHeart to land in order to transport one patient.

According to unofficial sources, the accident was caused when one vehicle struck another in the driver side of another vehicle -- T-boned. The patient transported was an 18-year-old male who was alert and conscious at the time but with obvious injuries. No word on what those injuries might be or how critical. He was trapped inside his car for a lengthy period of time.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Sounds like they need a turning lane at Lagrange Rd/331. That is the location of the last major accident and death in the area.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Blurb in the Daily Fishwrapper:

" For an unknown reason, troopers say Pate crossed the centerline into the northbound lane and str uck Santiago head-on.
Both Pate and Santiago were taken to Sacred Heart Hospital in Pensacola, according to the release.
Santiago was listed in critical condition and Pate was listed in serious condition Friday night, according to a hospital spokeswoman.
Santiago?s passenger, 45-year-old Maria M. Santiago, was treated at Sacred Heart on the Emerald Coast for minor injuries, according to the release. "

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
331 & LaGrange is a dangerous, dangerous intersection. SJ is right - a turning lane is desperately needed there.

There have been three people I knew personally in two separate accidents killed there. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I narrowly missed killing myself and probably several others there once - and it would have been my fault. :sosad: Last weekend, hub and I noticed fresh skid marks there...and now another one?