• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Berkly

Beach Comber
Apr 26, 2006
I have a friend that is in need of child care a few days a week for a baby. All of the local day cares have LONG waiting lists. Does anyone know of a responsible person that would like to do this? Any ideas would be appreciated!!! I've done all the brainstorming I can do, so I thought ya'll may be able to help! Thank you!!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
How many kids and what ages? What times and days of the week and how much do you pay?

E

Excalibur

You could try "Kids Only" in Destin. They have nanny / babysitters to come out to your home. The Sundals are the owners. Decent people. Donnie is the music director at my church. His wife runs the business.

Chickpea

Beach Fanatic
Dec 15, 2005
30-A Corridor
I wish we all had more choices. If someone had great idea to open a day care they would be immediately filled up- I know so many people who are looking! I will follow this thread for ideas too,

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Smiling JOe said:
How many kids and what ages? What times and days of the week and how much do you pay?

It's the...Kid Butler!!!! :clap_1:

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
Nanny Penny wants to open a day care but she doesn't have the funding. From what I understand, she had it, then the money fell through.

She is local 30-A.

Berkly

Beach Comber
Apr 26, 2006
Thank you all for your ideas and suggestions....I'm thinking I may be in the wrong business and should probably open up a place that cares for area children!!! My friend's child is a sweet three month old and she is looking for care on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays from 8-5. I have no idea what she can pay...with the limited options it would seem that she would only be working to pay for the child care!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Berkly said:
Thank you all for your ideas and suggestions....I'm thinking I may be in the wrong business and should probably open up a place that cares for area children!!! My friend's child is a sweet three month old and she is looking for care on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays from 8-5. I have no idea what she can pay...with the limited options it would seem that she would only be working to pay for the child care!

liability and red tape!!!!

I know a couple of mom's who use to work to pay for day care. I encouraged them to do the real math, after taxes, gasoline, wear and tear on car, etc, and see the difference in what they brought in vs paid out. Both quit their jobs because they spent 40 hrs a week working :dunno: away from their babies, for less than $100bucks per month extra income. Sometimes the math just doesn't add up.