• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

gilesdad

Beach Comber
Mar 19, 2006
Central Illinois
We get down to SoWal every other year for a week (since 1989) and this is the year again! :clap_1:
The last few trips we have meant to try Pandora's in Grayton Beach. We've read about their prime rib night being really good. But I can't come up with anything on the internet that's very useful as far as reviews or customer comments. The ONE review that I actually found was a scathing, horrible review pointing out extremely rude and poor service by management (not the waitress).
The reviewer had been staying at Seaside each summer for years and loved Pandora's. Then they had a terrible experience. Supposedly the restaurant was under new management and she was far from impressed. Does anyone know if the situation reported could be accurate, or if things have gotten any better? Also, if Pandora's isn't up to snuff do you recommend anywhere else for a slab of beef? (we love the beach, but we're not big seafood eaters)
Thanks!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Yes, it is possible, but if it was a regular occurance, there would not be a full parking lot every night. The Prime Rib night is popular because it is cheap and filling.

Pandora's has great tasting steaks and the service is as decent as most places around here.

I seem to recall RiverOtter mentioning that their fish was some of the best he has ever eaten. :dunno: Why people order fish at a steak house, I will never know.:D

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I've been there probably a half-dozen or so times over the last five years. The outside seating area is a cool spot to hang out and drink. Always an interesting crowd. Quite a few locals. I think most of the cars mentioned by SJ belong to folks sitting outside drinking (but probably not eating). The food is (how can I say this)...hit and miss. The service is not particularly noteworthy (but not really bad either, just kind of indifferent).

I certainly think there are better steaks to be had in Walton County, but if you are staying in Grayton, and want to walk somewhere and have a steak, I guess it would be a decent option.

Overall, I would say it is passable, but nothing to write home about. Now the original Pandoras in Ft. Walton was awesome. But I haven't been there in more than 15 years. I have no idea if it even exists anymore.

30ARules

Beach Fanatic
Jan 16, 2006
Lawrenceville, GA
Went there about 3 weeks ago and had the surf and turf!:clap_1: Very good. They were grayt with the kids. The have wood burning stoves they cook over or somthing like that. Great flavor! They are closed 1 day during the week (Mon. or Wed.??) so call first. We usually go there every time we are in SoWal. Never had a bad experience:cool:

Chickpea

Beach Fanatic
Dec 15, 2005
30-A Corridor
We ate there only once and had such horrible food that it will be a long time till we go there again - however that was 1.5 years ago and if management has changed I would go because there are not enough places here where one can sit outdoors! - service was OK though. I always feel really bad about that combination of poor food but good service because you never ever want to punish the hard working waiters and waitresses for food but you somehow want to send a message to management. Anyone out there know how one can do that without cutting back on tipping??

audie

fartblossom
May 15, 2005
we have been eating there for the past 5 or 6 yrs now, and have always had good food (esp. the fried strawberries for dessert). service can be hit or miss, but we usually go early before it gets too crowded

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Chickpea said:
We ate there only once and had such horrible food that it will be a long time till we go there again - however that was 1.5 years ago and if management has changed I would go because there are not enough places here where one can sit outdoors! - service was OK though. I always feel really bad about that combination of poor food but good service because you never ever want to punish the hard working waiters and waitresses for food but you somehow want to send a message to management. Anyone out there know how one can do that without cutting back on tipping??

Yeah, just quote Rodney Dangerfield from "Caddyshack" to the waiter:

"Tell the chef this is low-grade dog food." or "This steak still has marks from where the jockey was hitting it."

Chickpea

Beach Fanatic
Dec 15, 2005
30-A Corridor
JB said:
Yeah, just quote Rodney Dangerfield from "Caddyshack" to the waiter:

"Tell the chef this is low-grade dog food." or "This steak still has marks from where the jockey was hitting it."

:rotfl: :rotfl:

And then someone urinates or spits in our food!!