• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Hi!

We are about to move to the area and wanted to get some opinions on dog care. We have two little dogs and need to find all their places .... Good reviews/recommendations, cost friendly, local to SoWal (or do some of you guys have to take pets into other neighboring bigger cities?)

a good vet?

a good groomer?

a good place to board?

dog parks?

pet supply stores?

We also have a handful of the cute and very tiny zebra finch. We don't ever take them to a vet or anything, just need a good pet store that has a decent selection of bird goods.

Any advice and recommendations y'all can give would be super great and helpful! Thanks!

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
There's a bark park run by Alaqua over by the highschool.

For general pet supplies hit up Furry Fanatics in Gulf Place (toward the back) which also has a groomer. Directly next to them is 30A Vet.

For boarding there is a place on 98 across from the shopping center with Fat Daddy's. Someone is onsite 24/7.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I've always loved Kindness Pet Hospital on Scenic 30A west. Now under new ownership and better than ever!
You can read about them on our recent home page story here: http://sowal.com/story/kindness-pet-hospital-offers-gold-standard-of-care

kindnesspet_0026-2000.jpg

Sunnymare

Beach Comber
Jul 24, 2012
Thanks everyone for the suggestions! Where's your favorite place to take your fur babies if you have to go out of town?[/QUOTE

Hi, see my post on Services. I'm a responsible and very experienced pet & house sitter that trades in exchange for beach time. Have references.