• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Hi- We're new to the area and, although we are in some volunteer groups, we haven't really met anyone yet. We are renting in Seacrest Beach and it's like a ghost town. There's either nobody here or it's a community of hermits. The area here is beautiful but we are people people and accustomed to being very social. Short of going up to perfect strangers and inviting them to dinner, we need ideas.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
As an unwritten rule, if I see someone whom I do not know, more than twice, I make an introduction. It's a very small town.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
:welcome:

Things are very quiet in Seacrest this time of year. You will find more than enough to do if you keep your eye on these pages.

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
:welcome: I'm staying in tonight, but some family and friends were going to the Old Florida Fish House this evening. Get a copy of the Walton Sun or just check here on SoWal. Lots going on with CAA, Seaside's Escape to Create, Eden State Gardens has a Civil War event this weekend, the South Walton Library has a free program tomorrow (Wednesday) at 10 a.m. Locals as well as snowbirds will be there. A SoWal person is the guest speaker at the library for the historical based presentation on Octavia Walton Le Vert, the famous belle and daughter of our county's namesake.