• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

tide12

Beach Lover
May 9, 2006
New place in the old Commander's Palace location in Destin. I just heard about it, but it's been open for a month already.

tide12

Beach Lover
May 9, 2006
Well, I tried it myself Friday night. The food was decent, some of it quite good. The service was HORRIBLE and the place is DIRTY. Also, they need at least some semblence of a dress code. Lots of rednecks there in shorts, T-shirts and ball caps. Yes, in the former Commander's Palace location. Ridiculous. I doubt I'll be back, or that the place is going to last 6 months.

seal

Beach Lover
Apr 17, 2006
Well, I tried it myself Friday night. The food was decent, some of it quite good. The service was HORRIBLE and the place is DIRTY. Also, they need at least some semblence of a dress code. Lots of rednecks there in shorts, T-shirts and ball caps. Yes, in the former Commander's Palace location. Ridiculous. I doubt I'll be back, or that the place is going to last 6 months.

With the rent they are paying they just need warm bodies with money in there. And you're right, when the ghost town sets in after Labor Day, bye bye..

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach

I guess I now fully qualify as a "redneck". My standard wear is a baseball cap, tee shirt and shorts, because I am now retired and earned that privilege. Also, tourists do not come here to dress up to go out for dinner. Establishments are just fine without a dress code for the most part and so am I.

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
By that definition, I've always been a redneck.
Just didn't know it until now!