• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

alic65

Beach Lover
May 3, 2005
Southern Missouri
Hi,
Does anyone know this area in Blue Mountain Beach? I've never been there and am curious about the area and how far the walk is to the water (it can be so deceiving renting a vacation home over the internet). I rented this home through Ocean Reef, it is in a private subdivision. The home is called Pearly Gates and it is on 30 N. Grande Beache Drive, just off 30 A. Any information is appreciated! Thanks alica

lenzoe

Beach Fanatic
Re: anyone know this area?

alic65 said:
(it can be so deceiving renting a vacation home over the internet)
That's the nice thing about most of Kurt's virtual tours. They give a very accurate sense of where you are and what you're getting into, including distance from the water.

http://www.emeraldcoasttours.com/for_rent.html

I check the one he did for us every once in a while because it makes you feel like you're there:

http://www.gulffrontrental.com/

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com

alic65 said:
Hi,
Does anyone know this area in Blue Mountain Beach? I've never been there and am curious about the area and how far the walk is to the water (it can be so deceiving renting a vacation home over the internet). I rented this home through Ocean Reef, it is in a private subdivision. The home is called Pearly Gates and it is on 30 N. Grande Beache Drive, just off 30 A. Any information is appreciated! Thanks alica

Thanks Lenzoe. I used to have a couple of tours in there.

Grande Beach is in a good, central location and you'll be a short walk to the walkover - maybe 200 yards - just across the street and then a block or so.

Also in easy walking distance is health food store with massage and juice and smoothie bar, bike and boat rental, liquor store, bank, restaurant, etc.

A short drive to Grayton and Seaside.

sunshine

Beach Lover
May 1, 2005
south walton

Grande Beach is a very nice neighborhood straddling both sides of Blue Mountain Rd (south of 30A). 30 N. Grande Beach is the 2nd or 3rd house north of the road. There are about 3 - 5 houses on the south side, so you're real close to the beach and neighborhood walkover. Most homes in the neighborhood are true 2nd homes or year round residences. There are probably less than a handful of vacation rental homes.
From Grande Beach, you're an easy walk to Big Daddy's bike shop, For the Health of It for a smoothie, and then to offset that healthy burst, just across 30A from Sally's for a sausage biscuit or Blue Orleans for some great Cajun food.
If you're looking for laid back, nice, convenient, then this home should be great. If you're looking for party central, it probably is not the ticket.

Have fun!
:)