• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
We are thinking of trying the JOMAX cleaner on our siding in the hopes that if it worked we might get by without having to power wash for a while.

Has anybody used it or have any suggestions or opinions?

Hutch - are you out there? You suggested we use Rid O Rust for the stain on our fence. Great stuff and so easy to use! Thanks for the recommendation.

Rita

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Rita said:
We are thinking of trying the JOMAX cleaner on our siding in the hopes that if it worked we might get by without having to power wash for a while.

Hutch - are you out there? You suggested we use Rid O Rust for the stain on our fence. Great stuff and so easy to use! Thanks for the recommendation.

Rita

I think the pros use it.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I know many builders use it to clean mold on the inside of the houses before hanging drywall.

hutch

Beach Lover
Hi Rita- I have not used JOMAX. I use Clear Stuff to wash our stucco house
along with a pressure washer. You can buy Clear Stuff at ACE Hardware.
Be sure to test an area before using these products.

If you have water stains on glass shower doors use CLR and then clean with
white vinegar. Works Great for removing tough stains.

hutch

Santiago

Beach Fanatic
May 29, 2005
seagrove beach
Rita said:

Rita
I have used it in the past mixed with bleach. I handyman working on my neighbor's home turned me on to it. I did not live in the house very long after applying it but he was sold on it.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Santiago said:
I have used it in the past mixed with bleach. I handyman working on my neighbor's home turned me on to it. I did not live in the house very long after applying it but he was sold on it.

Don't mix your chemicals. :blink:

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
When I wash our white painted wood porch railings, I use bleach and water. I spray it on with a spray bottle and then hose it off with a regular hose. It takes off all the dark mold. I have to do it about every 4-6 months at least. Looks great afterwards.

If we have a small cottage (just one story and not too high) what's the advantage of using a power washer? Would a regular hose wash the house down fine?

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
kurt said:
Don't mix your chemicals. :blink:

Instructions are to use a ratio of JOMAX:Bleach:Water (It is supposedly acetic acid and surfactants.) Some say it makes the bleach more effective and reduces alkalinity of bleach so as to not damage plants,etc.

Curious as to how well it works.