• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I hope this is the correct thread...if not, move it to the LOUNGE!

I am now seriously thinking of April as my next trip down. So far, our place is not rented in April and why let it sit there lonely? Do y'all think the whole month will be Spring Break time...or will that be over early in the month?

I hope to get down for the entire month...any one else planning to be there?

imasunbum

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2005
What a terrific time to be at the beach Miss Kitty. My guess is most Spring Breaks should be over by end of March or first week in April.

You say you place is not rented in April. Mine either. Whats up this year - is all this due to the hurricanes or what :dunno:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Sueshore, I cannot find it, but I seem to recall someone posting the Spring Break weeks for 2006. I seem to recall that Spring Break continues up through the middle or end of April.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
imasunbum said:
What a terrific time to be at the beach Miss Kitty. My guess is most Spring Breaks should be over by end of March or first week in April.

You say you place is not rented in April. Mine either. Whats up this year - is all this due to the hurricanes or what :dunno:

I am as confused as you! I am awaiting an update on availability, but other than 2 weeks in March, it doesn't pick up again until middle of May.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
My high school daughter has the first full week of April for her spring break, so perhaps other Midwestern states do as well. My grade school niece and newphew in Atlanta have the same week.

Our college son's spring break falls in March, as do many other college breaks, so I think you're free and clear there.

Merman and I are almost 99% certain we'll be at the beach that week. Hint hint everyone. :cool:

(Which of course means that our place isn't rented that week either!!!!)

shakennotstirred

Beach Fanatic
Jan 5, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Ms. Kitty -

I have been there every April since 1993. IMO, the crowd there in April is typically families on Spring Break. We have never had issues with college/high school kids except last year on Okaloosa Island & they left shortly after our arrival.

I will be there on April 1! :D Let me know if I should be looking for the Kitty with the purple hair. It would be nice to meet you in person.

imasunbum - We booked our place for April much later than we usually do & were pleasantly surprised that there were still a lot of gulf front houses available. The rental agency commented that they have not had as many April bookings as they had in the past & thought it may be because people think the damage from the hurricanes was much worse than it is.

dbuck

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2005
KY
Most colleges have their spring break sometime in March. In Kentucky and Tennessee, most schools are having spring break either the first or second week in April.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Thanks for the info! My Son goes back to college on Sunday, April 2. I guess I'll have to stick aroung until he leaves! I hope to get Mr. K to drive us down on Monday! Now, I am getting excited! :clap_1:

peapod1980

percy
Oct 3, 2005
Up the hill from the Gateway Arch
Sueshore said:
I hope this is the correct thread...if not, move it to the LOUNGE!

I am now seriously thinking of April as my next trip down. So far, our place is not rented in April and why let it sit there lonely? Do y'all think the whole month will be Spring Break time...or will that be over early in the month?

I hope to get down for the entire month...any one else planning to be there?
Remember, I've reserved the chaise lounge on your balcony.