• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

beachbound02

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
Charlotte, NC
I'm flying from Charlotte in late August for a week. I've always flown into PFN in the past, but recently saw some good prices into Ft. Walton. Just wondering if one is easier than the other, travel distance, etc. I'm staying in the Seacrest area, and have usually appreciated how small PFN is and easy to get through with only a handful of gates/flights.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Ft. Walton (VPS) is a little bit further - 10 min. - from SOWAL than PFN but I have found it to have cheaper fares also. Roughly same sizes with only one gate.

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Ft. Walton (VPS) is a little bit further - 10 min. - from SOWAL than PFN but I have found it to have cheaper fares also. Roughly same sizes with only one gate.

Huh? VPS is a 110,000 square foot facility with 6 gates (three with full jetways). Panama City has two gates...

:dunno:

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
vehicle traffic is 200% easier from PFN! Depending upon when you fly into VPS, it could take anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours to get to Sowal. PFN, otoh, is almost always no more than 45 minutes to Grayton.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Huh? VPS is a 110,000 square foot facility with 6 gates (three with full jetways). Panama City has two gates...

:dunno:

Yeah, but those jetways are apparently for show only. I've never been on a flight out of VPS that I didn't have to walk across the tarmac.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
I'm flying from Charlotte in late August for a week. I've always flown into PFN in the past, but recently saw some good prices into Ft. Walton. Just wondering if one is easier than the other, travel distance, etc. I'm staying in the Seacrest area, and have usually appreciated how small PFN is and easy to get through with only a handful of gates/flights.

What time and day of the week is the flight into VPS? It makes a big difference in traffic patterns.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
As long as you're south of the bay inbound by about 2:00pm and north of the bay outbound by about 10:00am, you shouldn't have much in the way of traffic issues.

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Yeah, but those jetways are apparently for show only. I've never been on a flight out of VPS that I didn't have to walk across the tarmac.

They won't fit anything smaller than a DC9 that I know of. Maybe the 90 seat regional jets, but certainly, nothing smaller than that. You've just missed using them by luck of the draw. When Delta is flying MD88's to VPS during the peak times, we use them as all of our aircraft have had the air stairs removed to save weight...