• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

shesgottasurf

Beach Lover
Nov 1, 2007
I am just wondering if anyone else has noticed neighborhood/neighbors cats going missing? We have had four mysteriously disappear within five months. All have been outside family pets living in the area for up to 8 years. Suddenly vanished. I'm thinking maybe a large bird has moved into my area, or coyotes? Anyone else had a cat disappear recently? Close to the Chinese Laundry?

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
I am just wondering if anyone else has noticed neighborhood/neighbors cats going missing? We have had four mysteriously disappear within five months. All have been outside family pets living in the area for up to 8 years. Suddenly vanished. I'm thinking maybe a large bird has moved into my area, or coyotes? Anyone else had a cat disappear recently? Close to the Chinese Laundry?

Please pick up a copy of the upcoming Defuniak Herald/Beach Breeze. I think the answer lies within.

BrunetteAttorney

Beach Crab
Feb 7, 2013
shegottasurf - i joined the forum just to talk to you when I read this post. I too live near there. Please please don't leave your cats outdoors. We have enormous coyotes near us. I saw one the other evening that looked as large as a wolf. It wasn't the skinny, gnarly ones I have seen around here before. My neighbor's cat a few months ago was killed by a coyote. I don't even let my dogs outside at dusk and dawn. I pulled my car beside one of the coyotes one night that was roaming near my house and it didn't even run away.

LuciferSam

Banned
Apr 26, 2008
Sowal
I would never let cats roam freely. Their life expectancy drops dramatically. I would expect them to either get hit by a car, wander off, get stolen, or killed by another animal. They are much more likely to contract disease. It is a certainty they will be injured and have to be taken to the vet as a result. It happens all the time.

shesgottasurf

Beach Lover
Nov 1, 2007
Brunette attorney- did your neighbor see the cat attacked, or did they just assume? I'm asking because I still see plenty of other neighborhood cats still around, including a few feral ones. It's just odd to me that mine are gone while those others are still around. I have only seen coyotes crossing 393 once, and I have lived here with my cat being an outdoor cat for eight years. Made me wonder if it was human intervention?