• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Look your car doors. A series of burglaries in Seagrove included the theft of a handgun from a tourist's car.

Why you need a handgun on vacation is beyond me, but they're less one now.

Look your car doors. A series of burglaries in Seagrove included the theft of a handgun from a tourist's car.

Why you need a handgun on vacation is beyond me, but they're less one now.
My brother always packs a gun except when he is on his employer's property at the ATL airport. He's had too many close calls on that side of town.

We drove by a family dispute on 87 south of Troy years ago on the way to the beach. We were trying to see what was going on with a man beating up a woman on the side of the road. We thought we should help her, but then the guy took off after us in his pickup truck and was pointing his gun at us. We were in a fast car and he couldn't keep up with us. Finally he turned around. I won't bore you with the other times we've needed a gun.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
if you need a gun that often and you're not law enforcement, you might consider calling your lifestyle into question. Another thing. That dog picture in your sig. It looks like he's shooting steam out of his ass. What's up with that?

if you need a gun that often and you're not law enforcement, you might consider calling your lifestyle into question. Another thing. That dog picture in your sig. It looks like he's shooting steam out of his ass. What's up with that?
Well, it's just that I'm in midtown ATL near GA Tech a lot, and the street people in that area can be pretty aggressive. My Mom was driving us from the pediatrician in that same area back in the 60s, she stopped at the light at West Peach and Linden, and one of these street people tried to carjack us. You can't believe how many times I've been driving fast in the left lanes on the interstates in Atlanta and someone comes out of nowhere, tailgates me, and pulls out a gun because I can't move to the right fast enough to get out of their way without going 90 in a 65. Also to get to the beach, we drive through south Alabama where so many people have 12-month-per-year flea markets on their front porches. Makes me feel like I'm in the movie "Deliverance." That's not the complete list of reasons I have guns around. Plus have you heard about the new gun law in GA? http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/04/23/georgia-gun-law/8046315/

LOL. No one has ever commented about the wave looking like it it is smoke coming out of her butt. I've noticed it, but it just happened, and I giggle. It's hard to get her to pose very long at the beach because she is too busy running around and enjoying it (although note the long leash).