• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Can the art murals project come to Earth Day? I think it would be a fun addition to reach some more of the community.

yep. I love seeing the flying murals everywhere. wouldn't it be great to paint and hang them on 30A for every season, occasion, event, and just for the joy of it all the time? they add a festive element, with a good message.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
I just loved the Teach the World to Sing mural with the gingerbread-like people. Fantastic.

And, I was so happy to the see the one of DeFuniak Springs. Actually, they were all great! And the music was awesome. What a wonderful afternoon at Seaside.:clap:]

Last edited:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
If you missed the concert yesterday, Johannes will be playing an acoustic show at Amavida today from 1 to 4. It's a good thing, because when we finally got warmed up enough to dance yesterday, it was the end of the show! So dancing to be continued today at 1!!:clap:

Hey Steelemama- ready for round 2?:wave:

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
View attachment 12096 what a great day at Seaside with the Murals and the Music. I posted some others in the Gallery ...

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
ew!

'sup with the mural in Watercolor that features Micheal Jackson and the Neverland ranch?!? Gah!!!! Almost fell off my bike when I saw that pedophile included on a mural. :blink:

Don't forget the documentaries at Rosemary tonight! :wave:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I just heard that there was a low turnout for the movies in Rosemary last night- too bad.:sosad:

Tomorrow night is the last night of this unique and special event - the painting is so much fun! Our SoWal murals will be on display in Egypt in 2010- not many communities can make that brag! The murals from all over the world are up at Watercolor, Seaside, Rosemary, and Alys through tomorrow night- they are all so special.

On March 10, the Art Miles Community Celebration will be held in Alys Beach from 5-8 p.m at Fonville Press. Everyone will be invited to join 12 Peace Paint Ambassadors in painting murals for peace and a slide show of murals painted by children around the world will be shown. Light refreshments will be served.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I just heard that there was a low turnout for the movies in Rosemary last night- too bad.:sosad:

Which is a shame because they were amazing films in a gorgeous setting! :love:

I DID call Grayton and tell some Sowallers to come, but was told they were having too much funn at the beach. :angry: