Asking for SoWaller's Prayers

Discussion in 'All About SoWal' started by ItzKatzTime, Jul 31, 2007.

1. ItzKatzTime

ItzKatzTime Beach Fanatic

:wave: Hi Everyone!

I usually keep all this to myself, but I'm overwhelmed and need your prayers and thoughts.:blush:

Over the past 15 years I've battled with Fibromyalgia and Chronic fatigue syndrome. I have tried many things....some worked and some were a waste of time and money. It's hard for people around you to understand, as one day you may be on top of the world and the next three days or more you can't move from the bed to the bathroom. :idontno: It is sometimes even harder to get a physician to believe you.:confused: Fortunately I have had some good Doctors.

Fibromyalgia is a burning painful feeling in your muscles. This makes it hard to pickup things and to move your limbs without a lot of pain. CFS is debillitating and the most frustrating! Usually comes with a cough you can't seem to get rid of, intense fatigue, low grade fever, need for sleep, sleep, sleep. BUT also includes insomnia....that's the double edge sword about CFS.

So it you don't see me very much at the Cafe you'll know I'm at home wishing I could greet you. I hate this because I love working at night ans seeing all my :wave: :wub: SoWal friends. I don't really want to change to lunch, but we'll see. My Doctor says I need to stop at 5:00 p.m. and start my evening of rest.:yikes: Okay everyone who knows how hard it is to stop at 5:00 in the afternoon raise your hand. :lolabove: I thought so!!!!

I :wub: :wub: :wub: you all!
    ItzKatzTime
    :wave: Kat:roll:

2. NoHall

NoHall hmmmm......can't remember

Wow...those are both so tough to treat. Praying for your health...

3. scottalderson

scottalderson Beach Comber

my thoughts are with you for sure and will certainly send positive energy your way.
    just a thought - there is a place called the tortoise clinic for chinese medecine in sandestin area. my best friend started it 14 years ago. he has since left but it is under the ownership of a master of acupunture and TCM or traditional chinese medecine. think about it.
    and good luck with your illness

4. ItzKatzTime

ItzKatzTime Beach Fanatic

:bow: Thanks NoHall and Scott....as you can see I'm in the insomnia stage tonight. Sure wish I had a good movie.:popcorn:

SoWallers......please leave me a post even if you have nothing to say....just post a smilie. I could use anything right now!:blush:

:wub: Kat

5. florida girl

florida girl Beach Fanatic

I certainly feel for you, I suffer chronic pain myself from a back injury. Got to keep pressing on. Kate and Leopold is on tonight at 2am, wish I could stay up and watch. It's so romantic!

6. skippertoo

skippertoo Beach Fanatic

Morning Kat.... Thinking of you :wub:

7. seaside2

seaside2 Beach Fanatic

2:07 AM??? I guess you do have insomnia.

Life on this earth is hard, but remember that God loves you and ultimately holds the answers to all of our prayers. May He give you comfort and healing. Our daily prayers are with you.

8. iwishiwasthere

iwishiwasthere Beach Fanatic

Those are no funn!!! :yikes: My sister has both so I understand your frustration. You are so important to those around you, so rest and take care of yourself. Will be praying for you and sending good thoughts your way.:wave: :wave:

9. bennedy

bennedy Beach Lover

I will be praying for you.:D

10. Beachbummett

Beachbummett SoWal Insider

prayers and hugs coming your way Kat!:wub: :wub: :wub: get better soon, we would missing seeing your beautiful smile at dinner!

11. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

I hope you finally got some sleep. I like the acupuncture route...have you tried that? Hang in there...:wub: :wave: .

12. DD

DD SoWal Expert

Kat, Praying for you and hoping you're back on your routine soon. :wub: :wave:

13. Cheering472

Cheering472 SoWal Insider

Poor Kat. I never would have quessed from your other posts that you struggle with this. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. My pain management doctor tells me to try to live in the moment and enjoy the days you feel well. Visit here often, laughing helps.

14. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

15. ThirtyAGal

ThirtyAGal Beach Lover

:wave: Kat, I am so sorry to hear of your suffering. One of my dearest friends also has fibromyalgia, and I have witnessed what she goes through. I am glad you have good physicians, and I agree with Miss Kitty that trying acupuncture might be a good idea. Keep the faith, and know that all of us wish you the best.

16. DuneAHH

DuneAHH Beach Fanatic

I also vouch for The Tortoise Clinic's acupuncture & cleansing teas...this regimen brought my husband much cancer pain relief; extended & provided him an improved quality the last 18 months of his life.
    Praying for you dear Kat!
    :wub:

17. sandflea

sandflea Beach Lover

Good Morning Kat! :wave: Hope you finally got some rest. My mother and neice have fibro and it's no fun. In my prayers too!

18. ktschris

ktschris Beach Fanatic

:wub: Sending prayers your way

19. Ocean Lover

Ocean Lover bean

Praying for you gull!!!:wub: :wub: :wub: You are always so upbeat and happy. I KNOW you don't want to feel this way!!! :bang: I have a few family members on my dad's side that live with this awful disease. I am so sorry you have to deal with this too. It is very frustrating I know. And then having a daughter the same age as mine to keep up with! I'm sure it's not easy. I hope your feeling better today and were able to finally rest.

20. Mango

Mango SoWal Insider

Kat, I think D and K's always has you there in spirit even when you're not there, so take care of yourself. :wave: