• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

laurawood

Beach Lover
Jul 15, 2006
So- i have come to the decision that the first big storm to come in is a great reason for us sowallers to invade atlanta for a few days......(have to give them a taste of their own medicine). I will be sure to rubber neck and drive like an idiot.
on a lighter note, I am looking for new restaurants to try out. Have been to joel and au pied du cochon (misspelled im sure), thinking of trying goldfish........
any opinions...???

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
There are plenty of good restaurants in Atlanta which we should hit. For Breakfast, you have to try the White House, located in Buckhead. Go for the pancakes.

pgurney

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
ATL & Seacrest
My little neighborhood favorite is the Floataway Cafe - seems like that might be appropriate for the first big storm. It's run by the same lady that does Bachanalia (another great one).

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Well, when you all do your invasion let me know. I am only 2 1/2 hours away from the ATL ;-) . Make sure you get big enough rooms for me to crash!!!!!

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Is the Buckhead Diner still around? Don't get over there much anymore, but we always loved that place.

Abe Drinkin

Beach Lover
Oct 22, 2005
atlanta
The BH diner is still around! It is the same old crap! I wiuld stay away!

Feel free to stay at my house! If the storm rolls in! There is plenty of room! Just ask SJ!

I got some Oyster for you, Sj if you ever get up here! Oh and a cowboy steak!