• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

seanote

Beach Lover
Jul 18, 2007
I recently received a form letter from Joe Larussa - Vice President and General Manager ATT Gulf States- regarding ATT service and their commitment to "building and growing" to provide 4G access.

I thought the letter was a nice customer service gesture. I also thought someone should inform him of how bad ATT service is in the area, so I sent him an email doing just that.

I have to say, the response time was quick and thorough, which I appreciate. For those interested, here is the response about towers and improvements in the area.

The tower at US 98/Bay City is degraded on 5 of the 8 cell sites there. We are aware of the issue and at this time there is no estimated time of restoral. The tower about 1 mile North of where 395 and 30A intersect has 3 degraded cell sites and one severely degraded cell site, leaving only 2 fully functioning cell sites. One of the sites are past the expected restoral date, two are unknown, and one is expected to be restored tomorrow. The closest tower just off of 30A (Robert Ellis St.) is pending a new 4G LTE cell site expected to be activated at the end of September. A new 4G LTE cell site is also expected at the tower near Santa Rosa Beach at the end of September. I'm really hoping we get these sites up and running for you soon.

If you have any additional questions about this issue, please respond to this email. Thank you for choosing AT&T; we appreciate your business.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Thanks seanote( love the name$$). Please keep us informed. I too have AT&T and very poor reception in blue mountain beach south if 30A
( if its still there, big piece of highway washed out below redfish village).

justhavinfun

Beach Fanatic
Nov 13, 2008
Eastern Lake
I also got a nice form letter but also sent a letter back to the VP - AT&T in Seagrove is horrible and I was advised of a solution called a Microcell but AT&T wants 200 bucks for it.. Time to switch..

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
My wife has ATT for her company supplied smart phone. Use is primarily in area east of seaside and the service is terrible. Drops her almost every time she calls me at home. Verizon on my cell (always good)and CenturyLink for land line.

harrymurry

Beach Comber
Nov 30, 2012
Verizon isn't much better in Pt. Washington, I'm going to have to get a repeater here if we want to talk inside. Other areas like Gulf Place it'll drop to 1x.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I've had no problems since I switched. Being able to actually get a data connection is huge. I did have Sprint.