• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

TN2FLA

Beach Lover
Jan 12, 2006
Dune Allen
My home in Dune Allen on Hilltop Drive was broken into last night, and Walton County PD informed me that I am not alone. They suspect construction workers. They are going into homes with unlocked doors and also hitting cars with unlocked doors. These guys are casing houses and even making friends with animals. Whoever came into my home with two dogs inside, one a 120lb. lab. My roommate will be making a post shortly to tell the full story, he came home and the police think the robbers were still in the house because a laptop was thrown in the middle of the floor. It took walton county 45 min to show up!

PLEASE LOCK YOUR HOMES AND CARS! REPORT ANY SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY TO THE AUTHORITIES. These guys know what they are doing and are preying on the area because everyone thinks it is "Mayberry".

I am offering a cash reward for the return of a small post office box safe that was stolen last night, if anyone happens to find it on the road, side of the road, beach, etc...

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I am sorry for your scare. But, I must remind people everywhere...LOCK your doors, windows and car doors. Don't make it any easier for this scum.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
I am sorry for your scare. But, I must remind people everywhere...LOCK your doors, windows and car doors. Don't make it any easier for this scum.

Don't lock your car doors if you have a convertible. They will just slash your top for the opportunity to rummage through the junk in your glove box.

The voice of experience...

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
Don't lock your car doors if you have a convertible. They will just slash your top for the opportunity to rummage through the junk in your glove box.

I agree on this one. My soft top Jeep still has all the tape on the top from where it was sliced open. I don't keep it locked at all anymore. There is nothing of value in it anyway. :bang:

Last edited:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005

Wow! The key is to not leave anything of value in your car...especially in plain sight.

My previous car was a convertible. Caddy Shack scarred me forever (remember the :puke: scene?), so I never left the top down upon leaving the car. Heck, I don't even leave the sunroof open in my new car when I park it.

iwishiwasthere

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Tennessee
What a terrible thing to happen!! Glad no one was hurt. Hopefully the criminal will be caught soon.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I was taught to always lock my doors and car because criminals tend to be lazy people so the more effort you make them put into robbing you, the less likely they are to do it! If they wanted to work hard to make a living, they wouldn't be thieves!