• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

agenthr

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2013
I will never complain about the yellow flies ever, ever, ever again!

For those adventure seekers or followers, this should be a good show for the next five months. If you have not found Justin Riney's Facebook page and/or web blog you should go check it out. I just got lucky and found it yesterday which was the first day of what he is calling Everglade Exile.

He is exploring the Everglades on a paddle board for five months and will be posting updates periodically to his Facebook and/or website pages. Can anyone imagine how many annoying biting insects, snakes, and gators bigger than the 14 foot board he is paddling on will be with him or on him every day and night of this adventure? All alone, middle of nowhere, pitch black night, storming with snakes and gators lurking around your tent... Awesome!

I don't know Justin but I hope to meet him one day following this expedition, we should all support his efforts to bring awareness to the Florida Everglades in a way no one else has ever done before.

Like his Facebook page to get the updates to the story, it's a good read and you are only one day behind!

http://rineyranch.com

Much respect Justin, travel safe!

H. Reaves

Seaducer

Banned
Jan 17, 2008
Destin
Day 10 sounds much more appealing

It’s Day 10 of Riney Ranch’s Everglade Exile, and I find myself lying in a comfortable, dry, king-sized bed at The Boat House Motel, “Marco Island’s Best Kept Secret.” The air-conditioning is running full-time at 70 degrees. Fresh linens, ice-cold water, steaming showers, and scented shampoo are just a few of the simple luxuries I’ve missed after only a week in the field.

agenthr

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2013
Day 10 sounds much more appealing It’s Day 10 of Riney Ranch’s Everglade Exile, and I find myself lying in a comfortable, dry, king-sized bed at The Boat House Motel, “Marco Island’s Best Kept Secret.” The air-conditioning is running full-time at 70 degrees. Fresh linens, ice-cold water, steaming showers, and scented shampoo are just a few of the simple luxuries I’ve missed after only a week in the field.

Lol indeed it does! I would have thought he would take fishing gear instead of eating that dehydrated food the whole time.

Seaducer

Banned
Jan 17, 2008
Destin
I found that really odd too, why eat dehydrated camping food when you have
all the bounty of nature he so wistfully describes right in front of you?