• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jnealy

Beach Lover
Oct 25, 2011
We saw a Bald Eagle on the beach this morning in Grayton Beach State Park! We were quite some distance away, and all I had with me was my iPhone, so the quality of my picture isn't great. He had some sort of a kill with him - looked like it might have been a seagull. It was very cool - I only wish I'd had my good camera and telephoto lens with me!IMG_8537.JPG

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
Cool pic! Does anyone know if this is a typical behavior for Bald Eagles? It seems like all of a sudden there have been several sightings of Baldies on the Beach.

In the last couple of years I've been hearing stories (from around the country) of different behaviors and migration patterns among birds, fish, and wildlife. For instance, animals like armadillos and hedgehogs showing up far north of areas they've not inhabited in memorable history, robins not going south for winter, deep water fish in shallower waters, etc.

Even old timers (like my Dad) think these are indicators of long-term climactic shift. He shifted his 2012 planting season forward by about a month... a move that turned out to be advantageous.

Curious...

We have armadillos now southwest of Atlanta. Two years ago was the first time we ever noticed them. I was wondering what was digging all of the holes in our yard, and someone told me it was probably an armadillo. One night I spotted one when I let Pepper out. Nasty looking critters. I think it's global warming. I mean, I rarely wear a coat any more.

Valerie L

Beach Lover
Jan 31, 2007
Seacrest Beach
From what our guide told us on our eco tour in the lake, eagles migrate here with the coots, which are one of their favorite foods. They've been here for years that I've seen. Every year, they add to their nest from the previous year. A nest can become quite big!