• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I don't know if it would work as well here because of the numbers of tourists, but in my parents' area there are several dog parks and the owner pays a nominal yearly fee, signs a waiver, and gets a tag to put on the dog's collar showing they are official.

It covers any maintenance costs and solves the liability issue because all users must have signed the waiver..............and anyone who hasn't is legally not allowed on the property (a sign is required to be posted and area must have gate and fence) and thus has no grounds to sue.

luvbug

Beach Comber
Feb 2, 2011
Anyone know who is in charge of the Bark Park? Is there a board of directors? Are they a 501c3?

If we knew where things stood, we could organize a solution to outstanding debts, etc or at least find out if it is feasible.

I believe the insurance issue was with the take-over (friendly) by Alaqua--to the best of my knowledge there have been no injuries or other concerns.

If you know who to see representing the Park, let us know and maybe something can be done. I hate to see this resource for dog lovers lost, especially after the work that went into setting it up.

John

It is nice that you are so concerned and you don't own a dog. Obviously you like the little critters though. Thank you for trying to help the people that do have dogs and need a safe place for them to run free. First we need to find out what the problem is and then we can try to resolve it. Whatever it is I hope with all of us involved we can find a solution.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
The Sun article makes it sound like the issue is solved, that it's just closed temporarily until the Alaqua insurance "officially" kicks in. :dunno:

Though you'd think if that was the only issue, a sign saying "we will reopen on "x" day would be an easy way to let folks know.

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
The Sun article makes it sound like the issue is solved, that it's just closed temporarily until the Alaqua insurance "officially" kicks in. :dunno:

Though you'd think if that was the only issue, a sign saying "we will reopen on "x" day would be an easy way to let folks know.

That's how I read it, too. Boy, I hope so. Our new Redbone Coonhound goes bonkers there...

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Per Laurie, they are still sorting out the details of Alaqua taking over the Bark Park with the county.

Nothing is definite yet, and as always, they can really use your donations to keep Alaqua going and (if it happens) to cover the costs of the Bark Park operation.

heartbren

Beach Fanatic
Sep 6, 2009
Blue Mountain Beach
Bark Park

Per Laurie, they are still sorting out the details of Alaqua taking over the Bark Park with the county.

Nothing is definite yet, and as always, they can really use your donations to keep Alaqua going and (if it happens) to cover the costs of the Bark Park operation.

What if they started donations from people who go to the Bark Park that would just be put toward the park? I think everyone who uses it and probably some who don't but want to help would probably be more than willing to donate money toward the insurance. Maybe if everyone donates a certain amount on a yearly basis or monthly, they could raise the money. I would be more than willing and I don't go there as much as I should with my little guy. What does everybody think?:scratch: