• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
crobbins said:
Is there anywhere to play basketball in SoWal -- indoor or out?
yes, there is a court next to my house and a few guys (adults) play on Tue and Thur evenings. There are a few courts here and there dotting SoWal.

crobbins

Beach Comber
I have a guest coming into town on 5/27, renting my home that has some buddies and wants a place to play some hoops -- where are the best spots near Rosemary?

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
It would be great to know where all the basketball courts are. I heard there is one at Seaside, though I don't know exactly where it is. I'd like to get my 14 year old to a court to play because she's very athletic and has been playing basketball for quite a while for her school (undefeated city 8th grade champions this year!) and for the town. She'd love to find places to play more sports in SoWal.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Paula said:
Thanks. My daughter will take anyone on in basketball! She's fearless.

When sarafunn played her first game in third grade, she would stop and apologize for running into the other team.

Cheering472

SoWal Insider
Nov 3, 2005
Sueshore said:
When sarafunn played her first game in third grade, she would stop and apologize for running into the other team.

How sweet is that? :love:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Cheering472 said:
How sweet is that? :love:

:lolabove: ...her coach didn't think so! Needless to say, there were no athletic scholarships for sarafunn!

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Our daughter used to apologize but doesn't anymore. (Though I must say that I've felt like apologizing on her behalf when I was sitting in the bleachers and parents from the other team were there -- I was at her soccer game over the weekend and the coach from the other team said "that girl's all over the players like a cheap suit" -- I thought to myself, "she's no cheap suit, she's Donna Karan!" -- and she got two goals.) She sometimes plays against her very good friends, too, and they can separate the sport competition from their friendship. She'd play against them on a school day or Saturday, and then party with them on Saturday night. Her whole group is quite athletic, which is nice to see. But, none of us play any instruments and you definitely don't want to hear us sing!