• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

pmh07

Beach Comber
Nov 3, 2008
Freeport
We are moving out of state and needing to find a loving home for our dogs. We have a 6 year old Cocker Spaniel and 18 month old Bassett Hound. Both are great with kids (we have 4 and they are wonderful with our kids) and other pets. The Cocker Spaniel has some eye problems and we would like to find a family that would be able to get them fixed. We are leaving Sunday so we need to find a home fast. Please call 850-586-0305 to set up a time to come meet them.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
I hope a wonderful home finds your animals. They sound sweet. I work animal rescue and it is always a last minute situation. Please! If no one comes forward, take them to a NO KILL shelter.

We have found that in rough economies, holidays and summer, the kill shelters are at capacity with owner turn-ins and no room to take more, meaning, more needless euthanizations.

Please keep us posted here on your pooches outcome!! Cheers and best wishes in your move!!

pmh07

Beach Comber
Nov 3, 2008
Freeport
Absolutely we will take them with us and try to find a home there if we son't find one here. We will be staying with some family that has dog allergies so we can't keep them with us but we will make sure they have a loving home.

I hope a wonderful home finds your animals. They sound sweet. I work animal rescue and it is always a last minute situation. Please! If no one comes forward, take them to a NO KILL shelter.

We have found that in rough economies, holidays and summer, the kill shelters are at capacity with owner turn-ins and no room to take more, meaning, more needless euthanizations.

Please keep us posted here on your pooches outcome!! Cheers and best wishes in your move!!

shellak

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
We are moving out of state and needing to find a loving home for our dogs. We have a 6 year old Cocker Spaniel and 18 month old Bassett Hound. Both are great with kids (we have 4 and they are wonderful with our kids) and other pets. The Cocker Spaniel has some eye problems and we would like to find a family that would be able to get them fixed. We are leaving Sunday so we need to find a home fast. Please call 850-586-0305 to set up a time to come meet them.

just out of curiosity, why can't you keep your dogs? moving out of state,by itself, doesn't preclude keeping your animals. are you in the military?

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
just out of curiosity, why can't you keep your dogs? moving out of state,by itself, doesn't preclude keeping your animals. are you in the military?

I was wondering the same thing. For me, it would be like leaving my 6 year old child and 18 month old baby behind. I hope you find them a good home.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
Hey y'all, the family moving is going to be staying with a family member who has animal allergies. I hope they find a good home, too........only one day left! Anyone know someone who can help and take these creatures temporarily? If I was there, I would certainly help.

PMH07 - do you have pics you can post? Are the dogs up on their shots and spayed or neutered?

pmh07

Beach Comber
Nov 3, 2008
Freeport
We are staying with family that has a member severly allergic to dogs. We will not be able to afford our own place until we sell our hous and who knows how long that might take. I love them dearly and believe me I have put a lot of thought into this it's not like we just said oh well get rid of the dogs. Not only are we moving but I can not afford the eye surgery my Cocker Spaniel needs wouldn't be better for her to find her a home that can??

pmh07

Beach Comber
Nov 3, 2008
Freeport
Hey y'all, the family moving is going to be staying with a family member who has animal allergies. I hope they find a good home, too........only one day left! Anyone know someone who can help and take these creatures temporarily? If I was there, I would certainly help.

PMH07 - do you have pics you can post? Are the dogs up on their shots and spayed or neutered?

They have all their shot but it is time for their annual rabies. Neither one is fixed (they are both pure breed) I can not post any pictures because I have accidental packed my cord for the camera to up load pics. They are beautiful and very very sweet.

pmh07

Beach Comber
Nov 3, 2008
Freeport

Do you know anything about alaqua animal refuge? I really want to find them a home on my own but I haven't had any one interested so far.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
I think Alaqua has a good reputation, but I don't know if they are Kill or No Kill. I'm sure someone here knows......and, keep bumping the thread so people will see that you need help!