• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BambooBay

Beach Lover
Apr 9, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
www.30A.com
Anyone have any good Bay fishing reports or pointers? An old friend is coming to visit today, and the plan is to fish for the next 2 days... but not knowing much about such things, I was hoping someone could give me a quick "Choctawhatchee Fishing 101" tutorial! :D Thanks in advance for any current advice (no pun intended)...

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
live shrimp at the bridge... big black drum and trout right now.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I don't think you can pull off the road on the Mid Bay bridge. Trout are definitely hitting right now.

BambooBay

Beach Lover
Apr 9, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
www.30A.com
thanks joe-- one last stupid question, then i'll leave you guys alone... if you're fishing with shrimp (or whatever) around the base of the bridge, what depth are you shooting for? toward the bottom of the pilings or closer to the surface? (or like everything else in fishing, is it one of those "just try both and see what works today" kinda things?).... thank you both again for your help... greatly appreciated

scottalderson

Beach Comber
Jun 27, 2007
cajun thunder popping cork with a live shrimp or berkley gulp shrimp about 2 feet below.
go to yellowfin ocean sports and john will rig you up.