• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Okay, what I'm saying is a law that would over ride your right as a land owner to tell someone they can't bring a gun on your property.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I don't understand why a car is an extension of your home, unless you are living in your car.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Okay, what I'm saying is a law that would over ride your right as a land owner to tell someone they can't bring a gun on your property.

Still, I have no problem with a law which stated that when people rightfully enter my property, they can carry a gun for their protection. As stated previously, there is no law which currently stops them, so I really don't see the problem. I feel like I'm on repeat, but I know no other way to say it. Creating a law giving people permission to carry a gun for protection when they enter my property, will not change people's routine. I know of no one which packs heat when they come to my house, and that isn't likely to change just because the gov't decides to officially grant them permission. I will go back to my marijuana analogy, making it legal to smoke pot in one's own home, isn't going to change the smoking habits of people. Those who smoke will continue to smoke, and those who choose not to smoke, won't suddenly start smoking pot.

Bdarg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Point Washington
I haven't read the new Law, but I understood it to state the a person could have a gun in the vehicle while on the premises of one's employer. Carrying the gun inside may be a different issue, but in many states, one's person is seen as an extension of their home, and a police officer cannot search without just cause.

Personally, I don't want to live in a society where everyone feels the need to pack heat. Those who choose to pack heat are likely already doing so. I, too, don't see how the passage of this law will change the status quo. I'm not suddenly going to start carrying just because I can, just like I won't start smoking pot if they legalize it. People who want to smoke or carry, already do.

Apparently we are in that society now. If people feel the need to 'pack the heat' then let them take the chance, why encourage it by making it legal. If they behave themselves then no one would be the wiser. If they do not behave, then everyone would immediately know that a crazy was armed and on the loose. Under the take your gun to work, or school, laws the gunman at V. Tech would have looked like a normal student, i.e. armed and attending class. No matter what once the fire fight started with all the armed people it would be a free for all. How many dead kids would we have then.

All in all, as much as I hate smoking, I would much prefer someone sitting next to me in class armed with a cigarette, funny or otherwise, than a Glock.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
"signed the controversial bill (HB 503) prohibiting businesses from barring workers from bringing guns to work and leaving them in locked vehicles."

Maybe I missed something. We aren't talking about people carrying the guns into the workplace, or the classroom (although I hear the carry on campus is being discussed.)

Bdarg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Point Washington
Wasn't there something in the pappy gun totin? lessons about keeping a nice cool down distance between the argument and the gun?

With road rage being all the rage, I think it would be a good idea just to leave the guns at home in the first place.

Bdarg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Point Washington
Still, I have no problem with a law which stated that when people rightfully enter my property, they can carry a gun for their protection. As stated previously, there is no law which currently stops them, so I really don't see the problem. I feel like I'm on repeat, but I know no other way to say it. Creating a law giving people permission to carry a gun for protection when they enter my property, will not change people's routine. I know of no one which packs heat when they come to my house, and that isn't likely to change just because the gov't decides to officially grant them permission. I will go back to my marijuana analogy, making it legal to smoke pot in one's own home, isn't going to change the smoking habits of people. Those who smoke will continue to smoke, and those who choose not to smoke, won't suddenly start smoking pot.

Why do people need to arm themselves for protection when they come visit you?:dunno:

:lol:

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Why do people need to arm themselves for protection when they come visit you?:dunno:

:lol:
Excellent question, Bdarg. I guess gayboi will have to answer, since he posed the question. To all my visiting friends: Feel free to bring your firearms when you come to visit, but you would be better protected if you bring some Benedryl for the ant bites and possible yellow jacket stings. Also bring some tweezers to remove the tiny briers from your legs or feet. Sunblock is also a good thing to bring to protect yourself. If you want to live on the edge, also pack some insect repellent to spray on yourself, as the mosquitoes and no-see-ums can be aggravating. You might also want to bring a walking stick to stir the path before stepping. Some of the snakes look much like the leaves and pine straw. One final thing for protection might be a personal flotation device, in case you fall off the dock. If you do end up bringing your firearm and feel the need to use it, please be very mindful of my dogs, neighbors' pets, neighbors' homes and autos, and my neighbors. Bullets will bounce off of water and keep on going, so heed caution, when shooting. Again, feel free to bring your firearms for your protection. Note: shooting my yard creatures is not considered protecting yourself, unless it is a really big gator coming after you. Haven't seen one yet, but I keep an eye out for them and the black bears. ;-)