• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BPickelTDC

Beach Lover
Jun 30, 2006
Hello all. I know I said I was through using this name but I wanted to get this posted in case anyone was wondering the status of beach access rebuilds. I will not be able to answer to any questions regarding this so you should contact Dave sell at the TDC at (850) 267-1216 if you have any.

Rebuilding Dune Walkovers Spring 2007
The following beach accesses are under construction as of April 4, 2007 and are scheduled for completion prior to May 1, 2007 (listed from west to east):
• Geronimo St- located in western Walton County on the western side of Beachhouse Condo.
• Open Gulf St- located in western Walton County at the southern end of Open Gulf St.
• Sandtrap Rd- located in western Walton County at the southern end of Sandtrap Rd.
• Holly St- located in Seagrove at the southern end of Holly St.
• Azalea/Camellia- located in Seagrove along 30-A between Azalea and Camellia Avenues. Expected completion April 15.
• Greenwood Avenue- located in Seagrove at the southern end of Greenwood Avenue. Expected completion April 15.
• Campbell St- located in Seagrove at the southern end of Campbell Street. Expected completion April 6.

The following beach accesses are currently open, but will have the upland portion of the boardwalks closed as they are being repaired. These accesses will be reopened prior to May 1, 2007 (listed from west to east):
• Palms of Dune Allen- expected final completion April 15th
• Eastern Lake – expected final completion April 15th

The following beach accesses are open as of April 4, 2007 (listed from west to east):
• Miramar Beach Regional Access: Three walk-on access areas east of Pompano Joe's on Scenic Gulf Drive in Miramar Beach
• Norwood Drive: Located at the southern end of Norwood Drive in Miramar Beach
• Dune Allen Regional Access: Located on 30-A; west of Oyster Lake at Fort Panic Rd.
• West Allen Loop Beach Access: Located on 30-A; east of Oyster Lake at the southern end of West Allen Loop in Dune Allen.
• Lake Causeway: Located on 30-A; at the western side of Vizcaya east of Oyster Lake outfall in Dune Allen
• Palms of Dune Allen- Located adjacent to Palms of Dune Allen Condominium in Dune Allen
• Ed Walline Regional Access- Located at the intersection of Hwy. 30-A and County Rd. 393.
• Spooky Lane- Located at the southern end of Spooky Lane in Santa Rosa Beach
• Gulfview Heights Regional Access: Located behind Goatfeathers restaurant in Santa Rosa Beach
• Blue Lake Beach Access: Located at the southern end of Blue Lake Road in Blue Mountain Beach
• Blue Mountain Regional Beach Access: Located at the southern end of Co Rd 83 in Blue Mountain Beach
• Gulf Point Rd.: Located in Blue Mountain at the south end of Gulf Point Rd.
• Seagrade Rd.: Located in Blue Mountain at the south end of Seagrade Rd.
• Ray’s Multi-Mountain- Located in Grayton Beach
• Grayton Beach Regional Access: Located at the end of DeFuniak Street in Grayton Beach.
• Van Ness Butler Regional Beach Access- located between Seaside and WaterColor
• Thyme/Dogwood- Located on 30-A, west of Highway 395 in Seagrove near Seaside
• Hickory Street- Located at the southern end of Hickory Street in Seagrove Beach
• Live Oak- Located at the southern end of Live Oak Street on 30-A in Seagrove Beach
• Nightcap Street- Located at the southern end of Nightcap Street in Seagrove Beach
• Highway 395- Located at the southern end of Hwy 395 in Seagrove Beach
• Gardenia Street- Located at the southern end of Gardenia Street in Seagrove Beach
• Andalusia St- Located at the end of Andalusia St on Montgomery Street in Seagrove Beach.
• Dothan Avenue- Located at the southern end of Dothan Avenue in Seagrove Beach
• San Juan- Located at the southern end of Nightcap Street in Seagrove Beach
• Santa Clara Regional Beach Access: Located along Hwy. 30A on Bramble Grove Rd in Seagrove
• Pelayo- Located at the southern end of Pelayo Avenue in Seagrove Beach
• Beachwood Villas- Located across from Beachwood Villas and Tom Thumb convenience store in Seagrove.
• One Seagrove - Located in front of One Seagrove Place in Seagrove.
• Ramsgate Beach Access- Located along Eastern Lake Road west of Eastern Lake in Seagrove
• Eastern Lake- Located on the immediate western edge of Eastern Lake in Seagrove.
• Sugar Dunes: – Located off of San Roy Rd., east of Eastern Lake in Lakewood Community.
• Walton Dunes: - Located at the end of Beach Front Trail east of Eastern Lake adjacent to Dunes of Seagrove.
• Gulf Lakes Beach Estates- Located along County Hwy 30-A in Seacrest Beach
• Seabreeze - Located along Co. Hwy. 30A in Seacrest.
• Seacrest Drive- Located along County Hwy 30-A in Seacrest Beach
• Winston Lane- Located at the southern end of Winston Lane beside Rosemary Beach in Inlet Beach
• Wall St. - Located at the end of Wall Street in Inlet Beach.
• Inlet Beach Regional Access- Located at the south end of Orange Street in Inlet Beach.
• Phillips Inlet Access: Located at the end of Lakeshore Drive, one block east of Orange St.

Last edited:

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
The Eastern Lake access is open again.

The rebuild is nearly done, lacking only the final handrails.

It's not clear whether they intend to reinstall the shower that was part of the old access.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
The Eastern Lake access is open again.

The rebuild is nearly done, lacking only the final handrails.

It's not clear whether they intend to reinstall the shower that was part of the old access.

I had the same question about Greenwood also. I checked with the TDC and any accesses that had showers before, will have showers again. The showers at Eastern Lake will be located closer to the beginning of the walkover.

BPickelTDC

Beach Lover
Jun 30, 2006
Hello all. I received an email from Dave Sell, TDC Beach Maintenance Manager that I wanted to pass on to everyone. All TDC dune walkovers have been rebuilt and are open except for Miramar Regional Beach Access and Geronimo street in western Walton County.

Miramar is being totally redesigned as a parking lot on pilings and is currently in the design and permitting phase. In the interim it is open with three sandy paths. Geronimo Street is a new access location for the TDC located on the wetern side of Beachhouse Condominium. It had been a County access that the TDC became responsible for in the past few months and it will be open by May 1.