Beach Activities Ordinance Hearing 5/10/16

Discussion in 'Local Government and Groups' started by SoWal Staff, Apr 18, 2016.

1. SoWal Staff

SoWal Staff Serving the Community! Staff Member

Walton County

NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING - WALTON COUNTY WATERWAYS AND BEACH ACTIVITIES ORDINANCE
    NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING

The Walton County Board of County Commissioners proposes to adopt the following by ordinance:
    AN ORDINANCE AMENDING WAL TON CODE OF ORDINANCES CHAPTER 22, THE "WALTON COUNTY WATERWAYS AND BEACH ACTIVITIES ORDINANCE"; DELETING SECTION 22-52; PROVIDING CLARIFICATION ON WHICH ITEMS ARE PROHIBITED FROM REMAINING ON THE BEACH BETWEEN ONE HOUR AFTER DUSK AND ONE HOUR AFTER SUNRISE; PROHIBITING FENCES ON THE BEACH; PROVIDING FOR PURPOSE, LEGISLATIVE FINDINGS, SEVERABILITY, INCLUSION IN THE CODE, AND AN EFFECTIVE DATE.

You are hereby notified that a Public Hearing on the ordinance will be held on May 10, 2016, beginning at 4:00 p.m., or as soon as possible to that time, at the South Walton Courthouse Annex located at 31 Coastal Centre Blvd., Santa Rosa Beach, Florida.

2. MRBS

MRBS Beach Lover

bump

3. Garner

Garner Beach Fanatic

Please plan to attend - here's a clip from last nights news featuring yours truly on the proliferation of No Trespassing signs and the need to get rid of them

4. gailforce

gailforce Beach Lover

I can't stand the signs either, but it's the sheriff's department that demands them according to the new SOP.

5. Jimmy T

Jimmy T Beach Fanatic

How was the meeting? I wanted to attend but wasn't able to make it.

6. seabythegrove

seabythegrove Beach Fanatic

Postponed...

7. steel1man

steel1man Beach Fanatic

Suprise Suprise

8. John G

John G Beach Fanatic

Glad to see a few more people have started to see the light.

Time to stop the Walton County Two Step he is so good at.

9. Jim Tucker

Jim Tucker Beach Fanatic

I doubt the Sheriff cares what is on the beach.

10. steel1man

steel1man Beach Fanatic

Well I know HE and his "Barney Fifye"s" don't care where you park...

Attached Files:

11. Lake View Too

Lake View Too SoWal Insider

Wow, are you still holding a grudge on that one parking infraction!??!

12. FactorFiction

FactorFiction Beach Fanatic

The Sheriff's office won't do anything about parking on a sidewalk or multi-use lane? Where is this located?

13. Bob Wells

Bob Wells Beach Fanatic

In fairness to Steelman, that is a pretty regular occurrence. Unfortunately locals are just as guilty in their disregard for parking regulations and enforcement is seriously lacking. In the end it is all about what is more important about what is enforced. I think hiring a seasonal parking enforcement officer might be a reasonable idea and would/could pay for itself in fines. Just a thought.

14. John G

John G Beach Fanatic

Adkinson doesn't Enforce parking, along with other things. It's part of the two step dance called selective enforcement.

Look around, violations are everywhere on 30a and Scenic Gulf. Lots of fine $$$ revenue to collect.

I have seen the Community Service Woman, Leah S., always out at a crash working to direct traffic ( I think shes the only one that knows how), and she's issued quite a few parking "warnings" to vehicles.

That woman does a lot and if she's not being paid, she should be. She is great!

We need more of her and less of those overpaid butts that sit all day in DFS Offices, while patrol officers run from call to call, short staffed.

15. Lake View Too

I was being snide because it's the same photo Steelman posted about a month ago. I have personally parked on sidewalks many, many times in my life. When events are going on at Butler Elementary, the bikepath is littered with vehicles. If this particular situation was going on daily, I retract my amusement. But there are vastly more important issues than parking going on right now, and periodic idiotic parking is way down on the list.

16. steel1man

steel1man Beach Fanatic

Lake views someone was almost hit by car
    Because they had to go around the "no problem parking any where I want to,, law or no law" pic. I'm sure you cause the same walk around. Laws are not Ala Carte
    Pick the ones that serve you and everyone else picks the one that serves them.

17. Lake View Too

Steel, knowing that there was a near accident does shed a different light on it. A deputy could drive the length of 30-A on any given day and find over a hundred parking violations. I'm wondering if it legally has to be a fully trained deputy to issue tickets. Perhaps Danny knows. The larger question is collecting those citations. The majority of our "summer society" are transients. These tickets will probably end up on the shoulder of 331 north.