• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Tate10

Beach Comber
Aug 10, 2005
cleveland, ohio
Beach Chairs 4u in Seagrove is setting up all the way up to the water. As an owner this will be the second day I have to set my stuff up behind Beach Chairs 4u:bang:. I thought they had to be back far enough so owners and guest can set their stuff infront. Ok I'm done venting back to enjoying Seagrove. Guess I have to get up at 5am to set up. Happy 4th to everyone.

Tate

Tate10

Beach Comber
Aug 10, 2005
cleveland, ohio
Infront of beachside condo's. We ended up setting up by the palms of seagrove a couple condo's down. They were set up further back infront of the palms. Really wasn't a big deal. I guess I was just frustrated this morning carrying all that stuff.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Infront of beachside condo's. We ended up setting up by the palms of seagrove a couple condo's down. They were set up further back infront of the palms. Really wasn't a big deal. I guess I was just frustrated this morning carrying all that stuff.

It seems like if setups aren't included with every condo then they should leave gaps.

Tate10

Beach Comber
Aug 10, 2005
cleveland, ohio
The beach chairs are not included with the condo's. I don't mind them being up there, but like you said some gaps so the owners and guest can get up there also would be great.

familyof3

Beach Lover
Mar 18, 2008
Arkansas
When we were at Beachside Memorial week they did the same thing. We were aggravated because they would spread them out just far enough you could not really squeeze in between them but still not needed to be that far apart. For example one day they were all the way across the front of the condo area with only 7 set ups. At first everyone else fit themselves in the small area between the condos to the right and left. Then most folks figured out they were not rented and just plopped down in front or between the set ups. One day we set up between them and they moved their set up to the side and there was plenty of room. We have enjoyed renting set ups before and also understand everyone has to make a living,but they were definetly not being reasonable.

Last edited:

Tate10

Beach Comber
Aug 10, 2005
cleveland, ohio
I was staying at beachside for memorial weekend also, and that was the first time I noticed them doing this. prior to memorial weekend it has never been a problem. With two little kids and a bunch of toys, tent, cooler, chairs....ect it is aggravating having to walk 100 yrds down the beach to set up.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Several years ago when my wife and I lived on the beach in our condo. we also managed our building in Seacrest. Beach Chairs 4U were not the easiest folks to deal with even then and they never moved their chairs off the beach at the end of the day like all vendors are supposed to according to our beach ordinance. We were promised by an employee they would do that but they never did. They also canceled a visitors chair rental agreement in our building with basically no explanation and told that renter to visit us for the reason. The reason was that the chair remained on the beach all night and we were keeping a "turtle friendly" beach in front of our building. That visitor took her anger out on my wife but should have contacted Beach Chairs 4U! I guess it was easier for them to cancel the contract than to do the right thing! However, about those set ups being close to the water, I suspect the owners of the condo. want to insure they have a private beach so the beach chair vendor is probably following instructions. They do that in Seacrest too and all those chairs are never completely used. It has been going on since the beginning of the season and chairs go from one property line to the other and they are as close to the waters edge as possible. Then in the dry sand between the dune and those chairs is a "private beach" sign stuck in the sand. There is absolutely no question what they are attempting to do with those chairs!!!

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
if they're setting up that close to the water why not just set up your chairs near the beach were the gap is in between there chairs. thats still inside the high mean tide line. even above the line they can't do crap unless they survey daily to get a real time line. over the coming years theres going to be huge conflict as owners try to stake there beach lines out. my question is why did the county ever allow beach space to be sold? thats crazy

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Not sure of the company, but our neighborhood access has been staked out by the chair folks - and they are not removing them from the beach at night, just stacking them near the dune line.

I just put my towel down in front of the chairs - they're empty most of the time anyway.