• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SoWalSally

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2005
This week Dan Bailey, owner and supplier of Amavida Coffee, opened a newly refurbished Amavida Coffee and Trading Company. Located in Grand Isle on County Road 30 at the site of Beach Java coffee shop in Seagrove Beach, the shop officially opened at 7 a.m. Oct. 2.
Whether hankering for a breakfast pastry or dessert, the display cases are filled with delicious offerings to pair with Bailey?s own Amavida-roasted coffee. Wireless Internet service is offered and there?s indoor and outdoor seating available.
Hours are 7 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday. For now the shop will be open 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Sunday, but Bailey anticipates extending the hours as business warrants it.
The telephone number is (850) 231-1077.

Is this a new owner or just a change from the original Beach Java? This is very close to where I rent on a regular basis.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
New owner. They roast their own beans and distribute to many beach communities on 30A.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
i'm a daily user of their coffee, both at home and from those who carry it. it's great and made with love. also, they are fully fair trade. cerulian's, fonville, hibiscus(?) carries it, so it's more reason not to go to the 'other' coffee store.

Wow, the coffee we had at Hibiscus was delicious. Did you notice I made Mrs Skunk go get my third cup because I was too shy to ask for more?:blush: Where do they export their beans from?

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
This week Dan Bailey, owner and supplier of Amavida Coffee, opened a newly refurbished Amavida Coffee and Trading Company. Located in Grand Isle on County Road 30 at the site of Beach Java coffee shop in Seagrove Beach, the shop officially opened at 7 a.m. Oct. 2.

I'll definitely pay a visit! Dan was a sponsor at our school's big auction/dinner/dancing fundraiser at Rosemary Beach last spring, and provided a coffee service at the event at no charge. so, my impression is that he likes to be involved with the community. welcome to sowal!!!:clap_1: