• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BrettMan

Beach Comber
Apr 15, 2005
Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations for a good photographer? It's really hard to judge a photographer based on a website so I would love to hear from some people that have used beach photographers in SoWal and were happy with them.

Thanks in advance!!

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington

mynameisnotmama

Beach Comber
Jul 4, 2010
KILLER BEACH Photographer

Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations for a good photographer? It's really hard to judge a photographer based on a website so I would love to hear from some people that have used beach photographers in SoWal and were happy with them.

Thanks in advance!!

BrettMan,

I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Marla and Shane - Photographers (Santa Rosa Beach and Destin Children's Portrait Photographer, Marla Carter Photography Destin, Seaside, Watercolor, Rosemary Beach, Seacrest Beach, Blue Mountain Beach, Destin Portrait Photographer).

I agree that looking at websites isn't always telling. And, as a mother who has taken 2 million photos her kids (and only about five decent ones to show for it), I am shocked and awed that Shane was able to capture their personalities - smirks, eyerolls, glares and giggles - during a shoot... The kids are crazy about him and the grownups are too. Being able to get my husband to relax in front of a camera is no small feat.

Best Wishes! NK

happy2Bme

Beach Fanatic
Sep 24, 2007
Sowal
BrettMan,

I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Marla and Shane - Photographers (Santa Rosa Beach and Destin Children's Portrait Photographer, Marla Carter Photography Destin, Seaside, Watercolor, Rosemary Beach, Seacrest Beach, Blue Mountain Beach, Destin Portrait Photographer).

I agree that looking at websites isn't always telling. And, as a mother who has taken 2 million photos her kids (and only about five decent ones to show for it), I am shocked and awed that Shane was able to capture their personalities - smirks, eyerolls, glares and giggles - during a shoot... The kids are crazy about him and the grownups are too. Being able to get my husband to relax in front of a camera is no small feat.

Best Wishes! NK

I agree with Mama.....Marla and Shane have photographed my kids, and the results were phenomenal. They don't "take pictures", they chronical unforgetable memories.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005

I just used Sheila Goode and loved working with her....

Sheila Goode- not only will you have beautiful pictures, but you will be able to spend time with one of the coolest humans in SoWal if not the planet. Good karma = good pictures. I can't imagine a better way to spend time.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
All of those are good suggestions.

Easy well to tell how good a photographer is to see if they show any pictures of people on the dunes or posing with sea oats they have picked. NEVER use them - it means they have no respect for the rules/our beaches and that karma will affect your pics.

sarahmark

Beach Comber
Mar 14, 2009
I love Amber Gregg Shaver's photos!!! 850-225-0541 I am sure she could send you some examples of her work. Her family photos are amazing!