• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

swantree

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
SRB
www.blueswell.com
Jackalope:

We Do offer preferred vendors to our clients and attempt to book all those rental items before the renters arrive. I have been lurking on this for a while now. I do think we need to support the vendor whom are representative of good practices vs the Ghost crowd. I do believe as a management company my clients (renters) do want to use those services (bikes, kayaks, etc.) and i would not want to be the person that tells an old seagrove renter that they cannot have chairs and umbrellas for their 80 year old mother or 6 month old baby because we have just boycotted the vendors or force them to drive down 3 miles and attempt to park with all the other folks when there is a beach access at the end of their street?
so how do we participate, book early, set ups are "real" and services provided are paid in full. Just our part to help. I do think renters left to their own beach setups , garbage will increase due to lack of those same people not wanting to LUG their recently purchased cheap "light" furniture up from the beach on Fri. night when they know some person will just get it for them. lastly, if you ever want to start a collection of beach toys, chairs, boogey boards, noodles etc. just cruise the rental homes saturday morning or look at all the beach access points in the mornings. I think this is curbed to a degree by Having beach vendors. (the good ones, wink wink), I applaud the person that started the "free, recycle, the beach stuff" yes, i'm stealing that idea! small, moves man, small moves!
there are many valid arguments here on both sides, it would just be hard for me to put someone out of business that really was trying to become part of the solution.

Last edited: