Beach Walk at Redfish Village

Discussion in 'Dining and Food' started by SoWalSally, Apr 8, 2006.

1. SoWalSally

SoWalSally Beach Fanatic

Multiple award-winning Destin restaurateurs Jim Altamura and chef Tim Creehan, owners of Destin Chops, Marina Cafe, and Beach Walk Crystal Beach will open Beach Walk Redfish Village in Spring 2007.

The restaurant will feature indoor and outdoor dining on the 2nd floor of the "Icehouse" building shown in the attached image on the corner of Scenic 30-A and Blue Mountain Road (Hwy 83). A more casual, oyster bar/seafood restaurant will move into the 1st floor. It is a current local establishment yet to be named.

Beach Walk Redfish Village menu will mirror the current Beach Walk Crystal Beach, prime steaks, seafood, Maine Lobster, and a Wine Spectator awarded wine list. It will also feature a piano bar terrace.

Redfish Village is set to be completed in December 2006 with 80 residential condominiums, along with retail and office spaces.

2. 30A Skunkape

30A Skunkape Mr. Small Box

I for one am glad there will be a casual element present. I like fine dining as much as anyone but sure do love to eat raw oysters and have a cold beer in my shorts :lol:

3. Sheila

Sheila SoWal Insider

Snellville, GA., Seacrest/Seagrove as often as we

I usually like to drink my cold beer, but if you like yours in your shorts, that's ok too! :floor::funn:

4. josebby

josebby Beach Lover

:floor: :floor:

5. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

:lolabove: :floor: :rolling: :funn: his name could be shrinkape!!!!

6. Allifunn

Allifunn FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

7. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

oh thank you thank you for highlighting this one - I would have hated to miss Skunkape's beer in his shorts...

8. OnMackBayou

OnMackBayou Beach Lover

We went to Beach Walk at Crystal Beach for the first time last week. It was the best food and service we've had in this area. This can be nothing but good news for Redfish Village.

9. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

I have to ask you- did you get beer in your shorts too?

10. 30A Skunkape

Holy cow, cut me some slack, I went to LSU after all. Glad to make ya laugh :rolling:

11. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

We'll just call ya "Beer Britches" now:lolabove:

12. 30A Skunkape

Reminds me of fraternity bid night-beer in the britches, shirt, shoes and yeah, a sip or two as well.

13. SoWalSally

SoWalSally Beach Fanatic

DESTIN ? Tim Creehan, chef/owner, Beach Walk Crystal Beach in Destin has aligned with Frito Lay North America to launch Lay?s Sensations and Tostitos Sensations.
    Creehan?s culinary style and marketing has extended beyond catering to creating his patented marinade and cookbooks. Creehan?s has launched his name into yet another avenue ? potato chips.
    On March 16, Frito-Lay launched a new line of snack chips, Lay?s Sensations and Tostitos Sensations, which are cooked in 100 percent corn oil and 100 percent sunflower seed oil respectively, offering consumers a healthy alternative to potato chips cooked in alternative oils.
    New flavors of Lay?s Sensations include Lime and Cracked Black Pepper flavor and Sweet Chili and Sour Cream flavor. Tostitos Sensations Red Chile and Lime with Crushed Red Pepper and Southwestern Ranch with Black Peppercorn will also be featured.
    After one taste of Frito Lay?s new Sensations, Creehan described the new products as ?a taste journey for the senses.?
    This expression branded and defined the product and was embraced by their advertisers. Creehan?s name, as well as the Beach Walk brand, will appear on the chip bags, Internet and in freestanding inserts nationwide for this campaign.