• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jml-jdh

Beach Comber
Jun 29, 2006
Tennessee
Hi! My fiance' and I are from Tennessee and are planning to get married in Sept. on the beaches of South Walton. I love the beach and am fairly familiar with the area all the way from Pensacola to Panaman City. I have seen pictures of many beautiful pavilions in SeaSide and would love to have the ceremony in front of one of them. The Tupelo beach pavilion is my favorite. Does any one know if you have to reserve them? Is there a fee? It will only be my fiance and I, no spectators.

jessifunn

superJfunn
Jul 7, 2005
Seagrove Beach
jml-jdh said:
Hi! My fiance' and I are from Tennessee and are planning to get married in Sept. on the beaches of South Walton. I love the beach and am fairly familiar with the area all the way from Pensacola to Panaman City. I have seen pictures of many beautiful pavilions in SeaSide and would love to have the ceremony in front of one of them. The Tupelo beach pavilion is my favorite. Does any one know if you have to reserve them? Is there a fee? It will only be my fiance and I, no spectators.
a fee :rotfl: you have no idea. call 231-2222

whiteyfunn

SoWal Staff
Jul 1, 2005
Seagrove Beach
Jessifunn... :roll:

There probably is a hefty fee so having it on the beach is another option.

jml-jdh

Beach Comber
Jun 29, 2006
Tennessee
Thanks Kurt! I guess I'll have to hire a wedding planner to figure all this out for me. I go from :dunno: to :bang: ! Kind of hard to make arrangements from TN! Do you live in FL? It's my life long dream to live on the beach. If not, I think I'll have my ashes sprinkled there!!!

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Of course, I have to weigh in here ;-)

We looked into getting married at Seaside (and this was 11 years ago). In the final analysis, it was cheaper for us to have a big wedding (400 guests, open bar, food out the wazoo) in Tuscaloosa than it was to have a small gathering for 20-30 at Seaside.

Kurt's ideas are good ones. Rent a big monster gulf front house and get married on the beach in front. Hire a good planner to work out the myriad of details that you will face.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
JB said:
We looked into getting married at Seaside (and this was 11 years ago). In the final analysis, it was cheaper for us to have a big wedding (400 guests, open bar, food out the wazoo) in Tuscaloosa than it was to have a small gathering for 20-30 at Seaside.

That seems pretty obnoxious. Even in the off-season?