• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
I thought this may be of interest from yesterday's TDC meeting.

http://www.waltonsun.com/news/tdc_2560___article.html/agrees_use.html

....."In the past, customary use had been for all types of things," said McGee. "Anything from having a bonfire to running cattle was defined as customary use. It's time for county commissioners to say, yes, the public has a right to customary use of our beaches and draft an ordinance protecting these rights."
McGee believes that tourism will be directly impacted if customary use isn't fully defined.
"What is at stake here is money brought into the county in tourism dollars," he said.....

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Hells yeah McGee!!! :clap: That's how to get things done! :clap:

And how can we vote this guy out? :roll:
"Board member, Don McQuade, questioned individual property rights, versus allowing public access to all beaches. "I don't agree with McGee's position," McQuade said. "If I purchased a $5 million home on the beach I wouldn't want just anyone having a picnic on my beach."

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Hells yeah McGee!!! :clap: That's how to get things done! :clap:

And how can we vote this guy out? :roll:
"Board member, Don McQuade, questioned individual property rights, versus allowing public access to all beaches. "I don't agree with McGee's position," McQuade said. "If I purchased a $5 million home on the beach I wouldn't want just anyone having a picnic on my beach."

:eek: The nerve! It's jsut anyone. :D

Mr. McSpecial has a superiority complex that is not very becoming.