James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
Sugar Dunes Access - Sugar Dunes Condominiums Owners Association and the property owner to the west of the access are claiming the county has no right to the access which has been there for decades. Suing to have it removed forever.

More sickening news for South Walton.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Pretty sure it was a woman from those condos that got all offended when I pointed out that she was posting a picture (complaining about people leveling a dune "next door" to her) from a place where they literally did the same thing to build HER place.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
These people are never going to be happy. Why spend so much money to be so miserable?

Tyler T

Beach Lover
Aug 24, 2010
These people are never going to be happy. Why spend so much money to be so miserable?
One thing I know is mysery and money has little correlation. With the exception of people who are too destitute to ever see a beach.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
Glad to see that the court said the access will remain as is - hands OFF developers and HOAs!!!

Shame on Sugar Dunes Owners' Association to the east and CBHIV development on the west side.

This kind of greed is sickening and so glad the public won. I hope that Walton County was re-reimbursed for their legal fees and all the wasted time by many employees.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Glad to see that the court said the access will remain as is - hands OFF developers and HOAs!!!

Shame on Sugar Dunes Owners' Association to the east and CBHIV development on the west side.

This kind of greed is sickening and so glad the public won. I hope that Walton County was re-reimbursed for their legal fees and all the wasted time by many employees.

Unfortunately they generally don't, get reimbursed from the losing party, as it's considered a violation of free speech.

I'm glad the county is moving forward regardless of the NIMBYism.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
Unfortunately they generally don't, get reimbursed from the losing party, as it's considered a violation of free speech.

I'm glad the county is moving forward regardless of the NIMBYism.
That's just sad. Throw money at lawyers to swipe an access owned by the public? Used as a public access and maintained by the public dollars for decades? There should be a severe penalty for corporate Karenism.