• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Here I am again still looking for advice on winter rentals. Have lots of choices but don't want to make the same mistake as last year. Hard to choose without seeing since it becomes home.
Does anyone know what Beachside Villas are like. They seem old but are on the water. Also looking at Legacy and Seagrove Highlands.

RBGR

Beach Comber
Feb 28, 2009
Beachside Villas is an older community in Seagrove Beach, but the community is well kept. Each condo depends on the owner, but typically the floor plan is well spread out for a couple here for the Winter. The buildings are 2 story high and do not have elevator, but the stairs are not too bad. It is a good community for snowbirds because most snowbirds stay within the area. The large pool was previously heated by solar panels, but I believe they broke last season and have not been repaired.

Beachside Villas is an older community in Seagrove Beach, but the community is well kept. Each condo depends on the owner, but typically the floor plan is well spread out for a couple here for the Winter. The buildings are 2 story high and do not have elevator, but the stairs are not too bad. It is a good community for snowbirds because most snowbirds stay within the area. The large pool was previously heated by solar panels, but I believe they broke last season and have not been repaired.

Thanks- Is the reason the snowbirds stay within the area because it is removed from the main road? We are most definitely not stay at home snowbirds. We try to do a lot of volunteer work and meet new people. My husband is a big biker and we both run and belong to a running club in Panama City. We are always looking for something to do. So we would not want to be too isolated.
Sounds like Seagrove Highlands might be newer

jm964cab

Beach Comber
Dec 22, 2005
Hi, I am biased, but The Palms, 1BR/2BA, and Beachside Condos, 2BR/2BA, in Seagrove Beach are both Gulf Front, very conveniently located across from Seagrove Plaza and about 1 mile East of Seaside. Very economical this time of year. You can see pictures and details at Home. We do offer discounts on weekly rentals, but not on monthly rentals. Thank you.

Last edited:

luv2batthebeach

Beach Comber
Jul 19, 2009
Very Southern Illinois
Here I am again still looking for advice on winter rentals. Have lots of choices but don't want to make the same mistake as last year. Hard to choose without seeing since it becomes home.
Does anyone know what Beachside Villas are like. They seem old but are on the water. Also looking at Legacy and Seagrove Highlands.
I've stayed at Beachside Villas several times, and the units I've stayed in have been very nice... Like all rentals, it absolutely depends on the owner. But it is a little secluded and out of the way. The thing I didn't like so much about Beachside Villas... constantly riding in a car to get somewhere. I myself kind of like to be a little more in the action! The proximity to the water is nice though. Are you familiar with where Seagrove Highlands is located? They're not too far off 30-A, behind Tom Thumb, but I don't think you'll be able to see the water. If I was going to be there for a while I would definitely want at least a little glimpse of the ocean out my window! I wholeheartedly agree with the other poster about checking out Beachside Condos. They are oceanside / oceanfront and smack in the middle of Seagrove (right across the street from Seagrove Plaza) which puts you a lot closer to Seaside and in the middle of tons of restaurants and shops. That whole area is packed with small oceanfront condo complexes that seem to be competitive as far as pricing goes. SOOO jealous you're staying there for so long this winter!! :)
If you don't mind the asking, what did your bad experience involve?