• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Just wondering what you think the best, most comfortable beach shows are that you can wear in the ocean, on the beach, and comfortably walking around (e.g., a long walk). I don't find flip flop type shoes comfortable. And where would I get this wonderful new beach shoes? Thanks.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Just wondering what you think the best, most comfortable beach shows are that you can wear in the ocean, on the beach, and comfortably walking around (e.g., a long walk). I don't find flip flop type shoes comfortable. And where would I get this wonderful new beach shoes? Thanks.

hey paula. good question! I have not found any shoes that really do well on the beach, except good walking/tennis shoes - when I want to walk. they look goofy with a bathing suit, but what the heck. otherwise, no shoes is best!

you know the tennis shoe you slip on? those work pretty well for the beach when you want to walk. I prefer support on the sand, so I go for real shoes.
AAAAAqN3cJ4AAAAAAC4zFQ.jpg

Last edited:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
My family loves Keene's for watersports - sort of a cross between a sneaker and sandal.

They dry quickly, but still get grit in them - and you get one hilarious tan.

Keen Kanyon Water Shoes for Men

Just got my first pair of Keen's. The newer styles are so much more comfortable with softer materials and less bulkiness. I love them. not sure if they will be beach shoes for me, but they will definitely be my summer shoes of choice.

librarian

Beach Lover
Jan 22, 2009
Love my Keens too-great to so you can't stub your toes and you can bike in them and get them wet.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Just got my first pair of Keen's. The newer styles are so much more comfortable with softer materials and less bulkiness. I love them. not sure if they will be beach shoes for me, but they will definitely be my summer shoes of choice.

I got mine because Mama Scooterbug bought a pair the wrong size and passed them along - great for biking and water based trips.

Think I look like I have duck feet when I wear them!

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I got mine because Mama Scooterbug bought a pair the wrong size and passed them along - great for biking and water based trips.

Think I look like I have duck feet when I wear them!

the newer model I just bought at Shooz at Grayton aren't so clunky. I don't feel like duck feet - or I probably wouldn't wear them (I would never even buy them before!). the material is much softer and more comfy! I would definitely ride my bike in 'em. hate to say it, but don't WANT to get them wet! but I'm sure they will get wet eventually.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I am just too used to my skinny feet in sandals and heels - the duck feet response is typical whenever I wear real shoes like tennis shoes with room/surrounds for normal feet.

I try not to get mine wet, but love that if they get dirty/sandy/stinky I can hose them off with no worries.