• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
FoX said:
Best shrimp is Smiling Fish - not too much breading.

BBQ is not real in FLA. Although Greg Smith's place 98 BBQ ain't bad.

Actually, it is real in FL, at least in No. Fla, but not anywhere else in Fla. and certainly not Sonny's, if that's what you're thinking.

FoX

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
off the beach
www.thesimpsons.com
Everything I've tasted in FLA is a Sonny's knockoff.

There is a Jim 'N Nick's in Baytowne but even it is no better than Sonny's. :roll:

Must be the salt air that creates greasy smoked meat and sickly-sweet, grocery-store style sauce. Yuck.

Last edited:

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
Yes. Dan's Old South is the BEST BBQ. I was just trying to think of the name of it the other day. The best baked beans too. It's not too far into PCB so it's totally convenient.

GVM

Beach Lover
Dec 25, 2004
For the best friend shrimp...there's a place called Louie's on 98...on the right...well past the Eastern intersection of 30-A and 98. I've driven by it a million times...always thought it was a bbq joint...cause for some reason they have a pig cooker along the side of the road near their sign. Stopped in a couple of weeks ago and had VERY good fried shrimp...and the side order vegetables were very good. Prices weren't bad, either. Pretty good fried shrimp at Bayou Bill's, also. I, too, give Dan's bbq the thumbs up.

GVM

Beach Lover
Dec 25, 2004
Should clarify...Louie's is on the right as you're headed east toward Panama City Beach from Rosemary area.

Beachlover2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 17, 2005
SoWal
Our favorite place for BBQ pork is Pig's Alley in Sandestin. Small roadside place with picnic tables set up ouside right off of 98 just east of the Outlet Mall. It is yummy. :love: