• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Smiling Fish on the patio- the biggest selection of interesting entree salads in the area.

Modica and the grouper sandwich special on Fridays - sit outside and watch people.

Chan's at Watercolor- arugula salad with candied pecans, great wine selection, sit outside and watch people.

Wild Olives in Rosemary Beach- fried green tomato BLT on ciabatta. Sit outside and watch people.

Man I love to eat and watch people.

Smiling Fish on the patio- the biggest selection of interesting entree salads in the area.

Modica and the grouper sandwich special on Fridays - sit outside and watch people.

Chan's at Watercolor- arugula salad with candied pecans, great wine selection, sit outside and watch people.

Wild Olives in Rosemary Beach- fried green tomato BLT on ciabatta. Sit outside and watch people.

Man I love to eat and watch people.
So do we. We had planned to go to Wild Olives on Labor Day Weekend for the bratwurst, but it was just too hot to sit outside -- gives me a tummy ache to eat outside in the heat. And unfortunately they have done away with their indoor seating.

But we will definitely be back to Wild Olives in the off-season. Love their sandwiches. Will defintely give the Modica grouper sandwich a try.

The others are great too.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Red Bar for when you're wanting something really substantial. Their grilled fish sandwich is huge (and very tasty) at that price and their equally yummy tuna salad is big enough for two.

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
I'm more blue collar:

Bruno's Pizza - It's just darn good and $7 foor the buffet including the drink is unbeatable.

Haus of Klaus - The BEST fish sandwich in the area. A reasonable price and homemade ice cream ta boot!

The Deli inside the Grayton General Store - Paul, Mitch and Lil' Momma make awesome biscuits for breakfast and the best subs on 30A for lunch.

Panhandler's in Chevron at 393/98 aka The Chicken Store - This store is owned by Paul and run by Doug of D&K's. The staff whips up the best breakfast and lunch in the area. Yummy southern cooking including meatloaf, fried chicken and all of the veggies. They cater to the local workers and it is almost always packed. The service is fast and the staff is very courteous.

These are my favs. They aren't bassed on scenic views or atmosphere. To me, it's all about the food. I know my pallet is bit too unsophisticated to appreciate some of the fine dining but I go with what I like. :)

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
All of the above are good for different reasons.

My favorites are Smiling Fish (anything) and Stinkys (shrimp on big salad) for lunch. During the off season I really like Flip Flops for their smokin off season lunch deals. Pizza by the Sea also has good lunch deals. They also have a frequent diner card that is worthwhile.

If you're in a hurry, there is always the option to pickup a sandwich at Publix or Subway. I also hear that The Happy Apple is good, but haven't tried it yet.

Wild Olives has quite a bit of indoor seating in the space right next to their original store. At least it did 2 weekends ago!

I've also tried Shades recently and they had a HUGE grouper sandwich that was excellent.

NightAngel

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
The Village
LOVE The Smiling fish at Gulf Place. When I worked in Gulf Place, I could not get enough of the fried grouper fingers but just about anything you would want to order on the menu is good and you get to sit outside.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
George's at Alys Beach: Pollo Fajita Wrap and Key Lime Pie, yummy. Great view, with friendly service.