• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

grace

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2007
here & now
the merchants of seaside, rosemary & baytown wharf in sandestin all put on trick or treating events.
we always do baytown. no traffic to contend with and there's a fireworks show at the end of the night.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I don't know anybody that trick or treats in neighborhoods- everyone goes to one of the resorts mentioned by Grace.

I would ask your kids' friends where they go- it is fun to go to the same trick or treat as friends. It works out for us that most of our friends and kids' friends are at Seaside. I did hear that Rosemary has a great Halloween plan too.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
For neighborhoods, try Flamingo Village (between Butler and 98). We usually went to Silver Sands.

Unless something has changed, the thing about Seaside is that the trick or treat sponsored by the merchants is just too dang early for working parents. This may not be an issue this year since Halloween is on Saturday. But after arriving at 6:00 p.m. with an excited 4-year old many years ago and finding out it was over, I swore off Seaside for Halloween. (Fortunately Mr. Charlie let ShallowsSquirt raid the candy rack...bless his heart!)

patterneddress

Beach Comber
Aug 19, 2008
If you're looking for an actual neighborhood to go to, my neighborhood is as close to old school treat or treating as you can get. We have all permanent residents, mostly families, and almost everyone participates. Some houses have haunted houses out front, some parents are camped out on the drive-way cooking on the grill, and tons of kids walking the neighborhood. You are more than welcome to bring your children out. It is the neighborhood of Escada down Sugar Road off of Hwy 98. We usually trick or treat until 8 or so then head to Baytowne for the Spooky fireworks. :D

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
What they said! Kids rack up with goodies in communities like Seaside and Rosemary Beach. Hit them all, or hit one this year, another next year,, etc. It is a very safe environment, you can do it in the daylight hours, and you get to see everyone else's costume. I don't do trick or treating anymore, but I always enjoy going to Seaside for the event, to see all the kids in costume.

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
If you're looking for an actual neighborhood to go to, my neighborhood is as close to old school treat or treating as you can get. We have all permanent residents, mostly families, and almost everyone participates. Some houses have haunted houses out front, some parents are camped out on the drive-way cooking on the grill, and tons of kids walking the neighborhood. You are more than welcome to bring your children out. It is the neighborhood of Escada down Sugar Road off of Hwy 98. We usually trick or treat until 8 or so then head to Baytowne for the Spooky fireworks. :D

We lived in Escada last year, and I can vouch that it was non-stop trick-or-treating. Glad I stocked up on candy. :D