• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

babyjosie98

Beach Comber
Jan 19, 2007
St.Louis Mo (Dittmer)
WE ARE HEADING DOWN FOR MEMORIAL DAY WEEK!!!:D :clap:

WE ALL LOVE GRILLED SHRIMP! THE HOUSE WE RENTED IS IN INLET BEACH.

ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR GREAT GRILLED SHRIMP AND MARGARITAS!!!:clap:

SO EXCITED...CAN NOT WAIT.....

THANKS SO MUCH

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
BoonDocks, up Hwy 79 in PCB, just before the bridge over West Bay, has the best grilled shrimp around. I don't think they sell Margaritas.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
BoonDocks, up Hwy 79 in PCB, just before the bridge over West Bay, has the best grilled shrimp around. I don't think they sell Margaritas.

Thanks SJ, 7 years and I never found good grilled shrimp to suit the wife... oysters :dunno: Just hoping I can get a two for one (her and me) ;-) :D

Hop

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Dune Allen
www.myspace.com
on a skewer on a grill at the beach...add butter and salt to taste....

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
on a skewer on a grill at the beach...add butter and salt to taste....

That is true Hop. Some of the best grilled shrimp I have had while in SoWal as been right off of TripleB's grill. YUMMY!!!!!!

DBOldford

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Napa Valley, CA
Thanks for this post! The thing I miss most on my recent SoWal visits is finding boiled, grilled, or peel-and-eat shrimp. The one place I found them had drowned them in butter and served it with a bunch of overly-rich side dishes. Also, way too expensive for lunch.

Doug and Kathy at D&K used to do this so well...a basket of peel-and-eat shrimp with a hunk of garlic bread. Yumm! Katz, if you're listening, many of us would love to see the peel-and-eat go back onto the menu at the new D&K Cafe. What if you had a half-lb. of shrimp (to make it worth your while) that could be served as an appetizer or entree, then serve them along with a little trio of Doug's delicious Creole sauces? Please???????

Also, can anyone tell me where the best oysters on the half-shell are now? I go to Goatfeathers sometimes, but so-so. Hunt's in Panty Maw City is awesome, but a long drive and I can't have that second beer unless I crash on my cousin's sofa instead of driving home.

Can you tell that I'm having a culinary 911 here in Lotus Land? :rofl:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Donna, Hunt's is the only place for great oysters around here. Made the drive there on Monday - Yummy!