• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
The last time I bought the fixin's for margaritas in SoWal, I dropped $100 (excluding the limes and ice). And I didn't buy expensive tequila. I bought Jose Cuevo gold, Cointreau, Grand Marnier, and mix. We were going to make another round last Saturday night, but decided to save $100 and drink beer.

Where's the cheapest place to buy alcohol within a reasonable drive from Seagrove?

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
Beach Runner said:
The last time I bought the fixin's for margaritas in SoWal, I dropped $100 (excluding the limes and ice). And I didn't buy expensive tequila. I bought Jose Cuevo gold, Cointreau, Grand Marnier, and mix. We were going to make another round last Saturday night, but decided to save $100 and drink beer.

Where's the cheapest place to buy alcohol within a reasonable drive from Seagrove?
Wow! It's been a long time since I've bought any alcohol!

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
BR, make those "Lawn Boy"s or SJFrogs or whatever we decided to call them. you know, with the vodka and mint and limeade. i'ma tellin' ya, they are good! :D

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
I have been interested in checking the prices at Cash's in Freeport. I figure the rent has to be cheaper than what Chan pays for his, ergo some of the savings may go to the consumer. But who knows, I think they can only sell booze at a certain minimum price so traditional market forces are not at work :dunno:

ktschris

Beach Fanatic
Nov 18, 2004
St. Louis
I do try to pack light (well not really, I look something like the Clampits on my way down) but one thing I do pack is liquer. A couple of bottles of your favorite spirits really doesn't take up that much room. As I stated before, my new favorite beach drink is a Gin Bucket. I brought a big bottle down with me, but did have to go out and restock. The same bottle I paid 15.00 for here cost me 25.00 down there. Who know I'd have a bunch of lushes in my house :dunno:
Next year, I will pack more :lol:

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
I have to say, I'm the same way. I pack the booze and bring it with me--not so much the wine and beer because that's not expensive to get locally, but the spirits, yes. BTW, Beach Runner, today I was in Williams-Sonoma buying their margarita mix. I bought the classic but I noticed you can also get it in different flavors (I think red grapefruit was one). The bottle was $12.50 and all I had to add was the tequila. Oh, throw in another $2 for the handblown margarita glasses I bought on summer sale at Crate & Barrel. I'm not bad for a cheap date. :razz:

lindatat

quirty
Jul 14, 2005
Too far from the beach (Chicago 'Burbs)
I brought the hard liquor for jello shots with me. So much cheaper here at home. Did find one bargain at the little liquor store by the Watercolor Publix - 4 packs of Sofia Sparkling White Wine in cans for $11.99 (but I think I got the last of their stock.) They were PERFECT for our evenings over at Grayton Beach, and here at home they are $15.99 (the only thing I found down there that was cheaper.) These are like juice boxes for grown-ups (even come with little straws!)

josebby

Beach Lover
Aug 14, 2005
I've found the best prices at Sam's on 23rd Street in Panama City or the Winn Dixie on 98 in Inlet Beach (get a free saver's card). Really not that far, considering what you can save. Sam's also has fabulous huge King Crab legs at great prices from time to time! :D

josebby said:
I've found the best prices at Sam's on 23rd Street in Panama City or the Winn Dixie on 98 in Inlet Beach (get a free saver's card). Really not that far, considering what you can save. Sam's also has fabulous huge King Crab legs at great prices from time to time! :D
Does the Winn-Dixie have hard liquor? I've found that beer and wine are cheaper at the beach, but hard liquor is cheaper at home. We've dropped a boatload of money for margarita fixin's at both the liquor store by Publix and the one at Grayton Corners.

MM, we're going to W-S tonight before having dinner at Thai Spice in Peachtree City - yum. I need one of those lemon juicers. I'll have to try their margarita mix - thanks for the tip. Last summer we bought the acrylic margarita glasses at W-S so we could enjoy them while in the pool or hot tub. I don't allow glass poolside for safety reasons.