• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

vacationlover

Beach Comber
May 5, 2006
Thanks to all for replying. We may try the Memphis route and visit family too. The Georgiana way might be worth a try. Hopefully we can time it right and miss some traffic. My kids are road warriors so we can really leave anytime and drive straight thru. Maybe we can try to arrive around noon and hit the beach until the house is ready at 3. Thanks for the help!
:clap_1:

ktmeadows

Beach Fanatic
Jun 21, 2005
Thanks for these!! I live off 55 in Jeff County, this is a new way for us, I think we will try it!

If you live off 55 in Jeff County, you should definitely try this route! Don't let the first 5 miles of 78 right out of Memphis fool you though. You'll drive through about 5 miles of an area similar to East St. Louis....not bad, just sort of run down. However, after five miles you'll suddenly find yourself on this great highway!

skyking

Beach Comber
May 3, 2006
The best route from Memphis when driving is the B'ham, Mont. to Georgiana, Andalusa, Florala, Freeport, 331 to 98, you arive 8.5-9 hours later. However 6years ago I got my pilots certificate, bought a nice Sartatoga, and fly direct Olive Branch, just south of Memphis, to Panama City(PFN), in 2 hours 15 minutes, when I pull up at the FBO, the Hertz car is waiting ,we unload and drive 30 minutes to 30-a and wala, were there. We will be there this Sunday. The point, GA (general aviation) is great for regional trips, you come and when you want. I am big advocate of GA aviation, it is great.

skyking

Beach Comber
May 3, 2006
I have flown up to Madison in 3hrs 15 min, subtract 30 minute to Chicago, so about 5 hours, 1 potty, fuel stop, for 30 minutes, so time to travel approx 5 1/2 hours.