• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Dia

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2008
www.imagesbydia.com
We've tried Bruno's (pizza) it's good & they've delivered fast (a little bit expensive IMO for pizza - but good)

we've also tried ChopStix - they've delivered quickly/food was hot huge portions.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
restaurants which deliver in our area are a rare thing. Many restaurants in the area will do take out for you, but you should call your order in, so you don't have to wait.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Red Bar takeout has worked very well for us- food is prepared at lightening speed, and you can avoid the crowds and eat on the beach.

D&K seafood dip to go is the perfect beach dinner as well.

Thai Cafe in Grayton- they don't deliver, but if you are in Grayton or the surrounds, it works for pick up.

Can't go wrong with pizzas from Amore or Pizza By the Sea.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Royal Orchid and Amore are the best for pickup and good food.

IMO food at a lot of other places loses a lot in the packaging/transfer process.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Royal Orchid and Amore are the best for pickup and good food.

IMO food at a lot of other places loses a lot in the packaging/transfer process.

actually the Royal Orchid has always been our very favorite take out place. but we don't get it often since its not convenient. if I'm over that way for some reason, I usually do pop in to get several orders to stash in the fridge for whenever we want them, usually dinner.

you know, for some reason I do not like pizza nearly as well when I take it home. it definitely loses some of its freshness, and fast. Amory's pizza is such a beautiful thing, I wouldn't think of taking it home - it would be the very worst sacrilege in my opinion. (but I do take any leftovers home and enjoy the heck out of them right out of the fridge - a totally different kind of food experience though).

Last edited:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Royal Orchid is only an option when I'm heading east and hungry or running errands over there, (if you call pre-commons you and the food arrive at the same time).

I am now craving some yellow curry and thai iced tea! :drool:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Royal Orchid is only an option when I'm heading east and hungry or running errands over there, (if you call pre-commons you and the food arrive at the same time).

I am now craving some yellow curry and thai iced tea! :drool:

the best!!! I'm not big on the thai tea but lots of folks love it.