• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
OK, I keep going to the thread on recipes and plan to try several of them. So, where are the best work-out places on 30A, do they offer day/week/month passes, and does anyone know the cost. I know I can get this information elsewhere online (e.g, Watercolors, Rosemary Beach, etc.), but I trust the opinions and details that friends on this board offer. I think I'm going to have to work off some of the food from the recipes on this board...

Thanks.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Paula said:
OK, I keep going to the thread on recipes and plan to try several of them. So, where are the best work-out places on 30A, do they offer day/week/month passes, and does anyone know the cost. I know I can get this information elsewhere online (e.g, Watercolors, Rosemary Beach, etc.), but I trust the opinions and details that friends on this board offer. I think I'm going to have to work off some of the food from the recipes on this board...

Thanks.

I would recommend a good long walk or run on the beach. Cheaper and the atmosphere is alot nice I would think. :D

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Paula, somewhere on SoWal, I posted info regarding location and prices of membership to the workout places in SoWal. I searched the boards but cannot find it. Kurt :dunno:

DBOldford

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Napa Valley, CA
I really like WaterColor Workout, which is located right next to the retail space of the former Sockeye's Boutique, south side of 30A and same side as WaterColor Inn. They have all the latest strenthening/weights machines, treadmills and cross-trainers, etc. They do offer daily passes for $15/day and if you have three or more days during the week or buy a weekly pass, the rate is only $10/day. Good locker room facilities, too. There is a place at Grayton, if it's still open, but not as cheerful or well equipped as WaterColor Workout.

Paula, do you want to meet there and have our breakfast at Another Broken Egg afterwards? Are we still on for Dec. 23rd morning?

Happy Thanksgiving!

shakennotstirred

Beach Fanatic
Jan 5, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Here is the thread regarding gyms. My friend used the Gold's in Destin for our last trip & had no complaints.

[ame="http://www.sowal.com/bb/showthread.php?t=1072"]Local Gym Recommendation? - SoWal Beaches Forum[/ame]

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Thanks all. Maybe I'll exercise at a gym sometime when I'm there for a while. Right now, my exercise is usually bleaching and hosing the porches on the cottages, patching and painting holes from the wood that was put up during hurricanes, weeding those prickly vines out of the gardens, etc. I'm going to add walking to the coffee shop at Alys Beach to my activity list when I'm at the cottages as well. Eventually, I may work up to a morning at one of these exercise places (but I'm not holding my breath...).

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Donna said:
I really like WaterColor Workout, which is located right next to the retail space of the former Sockeye's Boutique, south side of 30A and same side as WaterColor Inn. They have all the latest strenthening/weights machines, treadmills and cross-trainers, etc. They do offer daily passes for $15/day and if you have three or more days during the week or buy a weekly pass, the rate is only $10/day. Good locker room facilities, too. There is a place at Grayton, if it's still open, but not as cheerful or well equipped as WaterColor Workout.

Paula, do you want to meet there and have our breakfast at Another Broken Egg afterwards? Are we still on for Dec. 23rd morning?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi Donna:

I think we said we'd meet on Dec. 29 at Another Broken Egg Cafe in Grayton Beach (we arrive late in the afternoon on Dec. 27 and leave on Jan 2). I'm really just all talk about the exercise thing right now, so I'd prefer to just meet at the cafe (what time? 8:30?) and maybe talk about the exercise place at Watercolors or maybe I'd just go see it after breakfast then go back to the family and extended family. Really looking forward to meeting you in person.