Beware of coyotes, one grabbed jessica simpson's pet!

Discussion in 'All About SoWal' started by Diane4145, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Diane4145

Diane4145 Beach Fanatic

Did everyone hear about Jessica Simpson's pup being grabbed by a Coyote, right in front of her?:eek: I haven't heard anymore, about it. Her pet was a 5yr. old Maltese/Poodle mix, named Daisey. I could hardly sleep the other night, when I heard about it. I take my Yorkie out here in Seagrove Beach and have walked her along the edge, of the forest! NEVER again, will I go to that area, because Coyotes have been seen, there! I also will make sure to have her, on a leash. She's 10 yrs. old and I would just DIE, if that happened!:sosad:

2. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

Was she in South Walton when her pup was taken? Was the pup on a leash? Coyotes typically don't like coming around people.

3. Diane4145

Diane4145 Beach Fanatic

I have no idea where she was, but, doubt she was here. It doesn't seem like Daisey was on a leash, either.

4. Bluznbeach

Bluznbeach Beach Lover

I can't find an article that says where this happened, but it was certainly nowhere near Sowal (might've been Brazil). Her Twitter post says, "A coyote took my precious Daisy right in front of our eyes. HORROR! We are searching. Hoping. Please help!"

Coyotes occasionally turn up around Atlanta, too. My feeling is: be careful, but not paranoid.

Come to think of it, maybe the locals should start a rumor that doggie-snatching coyotes are rampant in Sowal, to keep the tourists from bringing their dogs to the beach! :clap:
    Related thread: http://www.sowal.com/bb/pets-animals/40414-visiting-dogs-now-allowed-sowal-beaches.html#post611589

5. beachmouse

beachmouse Beach Fanatic

They've been killing cats in these parts for years, and occasionally small dogs as well. It's the biggest reason why my cats are indoor only.

6. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

...and this morning, the buzzards were eating a coyote on the side of Hwy 98, just west of 395.

7. wrobert

wrobert Beach Fanatic

I hate that they were working on the quail. Keeping the cats thinned out, not such a big deal. The turkeys are coming back strong though, I guess they do not like them or they are too big.

8. Hollibird

Hollibird Beach Lover

9. Diane4145

Diane4145 Beach Fanatic

Oh, that's what that was!

I saw the buzzards, or at least I thought, that was buzzards.:dunno: How do you know it was a Coyote, did you get out of your car? Wonder what happened, to it?

10. Santiago

Santiago Beach Fanatic

The circle of life