• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
For those of you who venture to PCB know that Big Daddys BBQ burned down a few months ago. I am happy to see that they are now relocating on Back Beach where Louies used to be. (beside the turn off to go to the Carosel grocery store) Their old rest. was small and limited with products. I am hoping that now that they have the sq. footage that they will offer more. I am not sure when they are opening but hope that it is soon. I will keep you updated....

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
i heard that over the weekend. Supposedly he went to Louie and made an offer on the restaurant that he could not turn down and bam bought it. We have never been to Big Daddy's..hope it is good, but we liked Louie's until the service became sooo bad.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
I guess it is relative.

Dans is good, i :love: their fries

sonnys has the best bruswick stew

big daddys, I like their ribs, they are wet, not dry like some.

I say give them 1 chance....who am I to say??????????????

BBQ is such a touchy subject especially with the cooks. Some like chocolate and some like vanilla. You may like dans over big daddys :dunno: :dunno:

flowergirl40pc

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2006
Panama City Beach
Big Daddy's is right around the corner from me now, but haven't had the chance to go there yet..........Have always hit up Dan's (also right close by) and love it, specially the nice folks that own and work there. Met the owner of Big daddy's though a couple of weeks ago, told him I would try it out soon.............seems like a super nice guy too.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
I have been since it opened and it was not as good as the other place:sosad: Maybe they are trying to get used to serving people and not doing just take outs as the main bus. I will wait a couple of months and try again. Everyone has an off day....

flowergirl40pc

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2006
Panama City Beach
I have been since it opened and it was not as good as the other place:sosad: Maybe they are trying to get used to serving people and not doing just take outs as the main bus. I will wait a couple of months and try again. Everyone has an off day....

Maybe it will get better , but I know a lot of times when a 2nd location is opened (in this case their only location now) never is as good as the 1st. Just like when the Noodle tried to open here in PCB, wasn't as good.........and I never go to the Angelina's across the bridge in town. Hopefully Big Daddy's won't be that way.

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
We tried Big Daddy's last week and we were disappointed, pretty greasy, but the chicken was good. Very nice people and really trying to make it work so we will give them some time and try again. I really like Sonny's chicken and saled bar, guess I will have to try the brunswick stew since recommends it!:D And Dan's is great imo.