• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Seaside Events

Beach Fanatic
Dec 16, 2008
Seaside is proud to offer an amazing lineup of talented musicians this summer, but we are especially excited about the artist scheduled for Wednesday, July 22nd. The Merchants of Seaside, Barefoot BBQ and 30A Radio proudly present the "Best Funk Group of 2008," Big Sam's Funky Nation. Big Sam will take the stage at 7PM as a part of the Seaside Summer Concert Series!

Presiding over his Funky Nation is Big Sam, formerly the trombonist for the Dirty Dozen Brass Band, who blows the funk out of his trombone and refuses to let the audience sit still. A talented group of jazz-trained musicians makes up the Funky Nation, bringing with them the improv-style associated with jazz and the horn-heavy front section that's the hallmark of big band funk. To learn more about Big Sam and his Funky Nation, check them out on the web at: Big Sam's Funky Nation :: A New Orleans Funk Brass Band.

No one should miss this show...it will certainly be one to remember! For more information on events at Seaside, visit us online at: Seaside.

Seaside Events

Beach Fanatic
Dec 16, 2008
Alrighty...let's see a show of posts by everyone planning on coming out to see Big Sam Wednesday night!?!?

aggieb

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2007
ibx
i wish i could just jump in my car and drive down. this should be a good time.

DCFinSCB

Beach Fanatic
Jul 27, 2007
Ol' Point Washingtern, FL
Big Sam's Funky Nation

Super-surprised someone has not posted about this yet (or maybe they did, and I just didn't find it), but if you weren't at Seaside this past Wednesday evening, you missed the best band that at least I have seen in the past 4 years.

Bring Big Sam and His Boy's back pronto!